A little over a year after forming the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP),Arvind Kejriwal will take oath as the Delhi Chief Minister at the Ramlila Maidan here on Saturday. The six-member council of ministers announced by the party on Tuesday will also be sworn in.
Sources said President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jungs proposal on government formation by the AAP with outside support from the Congress. The Ministry of Home Affairs has sent the Presidents communication to the L-G regarding formation of government by Kejriwal, they said.
According to sources,Jung has asked Kejriwal to prove his majority on the floor of the House by January 3.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The party also seemed to have defused the crisis which erupted after its Laxmi Nagar candidate Vinod Kumar Binny stormed out of a meeting with Kejriwal on Tuesday after being denied a cabinet berth.
Following a series of meetings with party leaders Kumar Vishwas and Sanjay Singh,Binny said,I never said anything was wrong. I will work for the party in any respect that it wants me to. Sources indicated that Binny had backed down after he was told that the cabinet would not be changed,and he was only embarassing the party.
Meanwhile,Kejriwal tweeted on Wednesday,Oath-taking ceremony on Saturday at noon. I appeal to all Delhiites to join. It is not my victory,it is their victory. I am not forming government,it is the people of Delhi who are forming government. It is your ceremony. All of you came to Ramlila Maidan in August 2011. We again assemble at Ramlila Maidan. Together,well achieve our dream of corruption-free India.
Speaking to mediapersons,Kejriwal said after the AAP government takes office,700 litres of free water per household would be arranged for all possible areas within 24 hours,while the Jan Lokpal Bill would be passed within 15 days.
Party officials said they had requested the L-Gs office to send special invites to Anna Hazare,Kiran Bedi and Santosh Hegde,who were all involved in the Jan Lokpal movement. But Delhi Chief Secretary D M Spolia said,We have not received requests from AAP yet.
The list of invitees will be finalised by Thursday. Kejriwal said on Wednesday that he would personally invite Hazare.
Both the BJP and Congress said they would wait for an invite to take a call on whether they would attend the function.
On Monday,AAP leaders had first mooted Jantar Mantar as the venue for the swearing-in ceremony. We were told that Jantar Mantar was too small for the number of people expected… The Ramlila Maidan,where the Jan Lokpal Andolan started,was then chosen, said AAP leader Yogendra Yadav.