If numbers in a rally are an indicator of a leaders popularity,the Congresss Shakti rally in Gohana in Sonepat district of Haryana on Sunday proved that criticism and anti-government campaigns by opposition parties have failed to dent Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hoodas popularity. The rally broke all records in crowd participation in the state,the party claimed after the rally.
The Congress leadership in the state except for two detractors of Hooda Kumari Selja and Rao Inderjit Singh also showed a united face at the massive rally in projecting Hooda as leader of the party and people of Haryana.
The venue started getting packed by noon. Before Hooda landed in a chopper,the number of people,according to claims by the party,crossed 14 lakh. The Congress had been building momentum for the rally for the past few weeks. Hooda,displaying wit and humour,struck an instant chord with people.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The only alliance possible in Haryana to form government is between me and people of Haryana, he said,launching an attack on opposition parties making a bid to join hands against the Congress in next years elections.
Political parties have launched massive campaigns with an eye on next years Lok Sabha and Assembly polls. The HJC-BJP rally led by Modi in Rewari was followed by INLDs Samman rally in Kurukshetra.
The INLD,in its Kurukshetra rally,claimed to have pitched the biggest ever tent.
Prof Virender Singh,political adviser to the chief minister,said they could not pitch a tent large enough to fit the crowd. We did not place any chairs… nor (found) a tent this big in the entire country… This shows the strength and support Congress has in Haryana, Singh said.
In his address,Hooda cautioned the people against the alliance move of the opposition in the state. It is not for benefit of people,but for these political parties vested interests…, he said.
Taking a dig at Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal,Hooda said,Now Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal had spoken in Kurukshetra recently about politics of alliance against the Congress. Is it that Badal will now decide who would be the Chief Minister of Haryana. It was Badal who had denied Haryana of its due share of water.
Hooda announced various sops for a cross section of people,especially for senior citizens and ex-servicemen. He announced benefits for farmers,labourers,shopkeepers,entrepreneurs,persons with disabilities,employees,police,and the youth. He also announced free bus travel for girl students until graduation,and other sops lIke employment to woo the youth.