THE Local Bodies Department has ordered action against Classic showroom building, which is spread across more than 900 square yards on Rani Jhansi Road, for violating building by-laws. The building currently houses Kalyan Jewellers, which was inaugurated by actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan a few months back.
The probe ordered by former MC commissioner Rahul Tewari in January this year has found that three MC officials — assistant town planners Ramesh Chhabra, Surinder Singh Bindra and draftsman Mohan Singh who were posted in Zone-D office when the building was under construction in 2009 — guilty of approving the maps at their own level.
The building spans across 985 square yards and as per rules, the layout of commercial buildings is approved by the local bodies department. However, the owners in this case got approved plans of two separate plots (492.29 square yards and 492.50 square yards) and clubbed them together to open a single showroom which is completely against the laws, says the probe report which was sent to the chief vigilance officer of the local bodies department after an internal inquiry.
Now the directorate, department of local government, in its letter dated February 26 — Newsline has a copy of the letter — has ordered action against the building. The letter states, “Complete illegal construction on 188-Rani Jhansi Road, Civil Lines, Ludhiana. As per rules and building bye-laws, MC is ordered to take action and demolish/seal the building.”
In 2009, the owners of the building also forwarded a request to the then MC commissioner M S Jaggi to take compounding fee and forward the file to the state government but the MC officials — Chhabra, Bindra and Mohan Singh — failed to forward the file and sanctioned the plan at their own level.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Later, ATP Bindra also issued NoC (no objection certificate) to the building despite wrong plans passed.Yogesh Khosla, owner of the building, was not available for comment despite repeated attempts.