By Suyash Gabriel
Swedish DJ-duo Dada Life provided a perfect antidote to the scorching summer heat with their concert at I-Kandy, Gurgaon, over the weekend. Screaming out to an excited, scantily clad audience of revellers, the producer Olle Corneer asked with mock authority “Are you ready to accept the higher state of Dada Land?”. The Swedish DJ duo of Corneer-Stefan Engblom, who were in the city as part of their India tour, unleashed a dynamically well-balanced set which, while not long-lasting, turned the venue into a throbbing bass station of Progressive House and Electro-Dance Music.
The opening acts, DJ Mash and Progressive Brothers set the mood with high octane sets and constant reminders that Dada Life was yet to play. Dada’s set was filled with ups and downs in terms of tempo keeping the set sound fresh. The transitions between each track were smooth, with extended stutter build-ups between certain numbers, which allowed the DJs to interact with the audience. The duo indulged in antics that they are famous for, which include spraying the front row of the audience with vapour guns, throwing giant, inflatable bananas into the crowd and periodically showering fans with Dada Life merchandise.
The hour-and-a half long set kicked off with their remix of Major Lazer’s famous tune Bubble butt, and continued into some of their most well-known tracks including This machine kills raver, Rolling stones t-shirt and Feed the Dada to name a few. They ended the set with their newest single Born to rage, introducing a slight twist to the lyrics by adding, “India you were Born to rage”, which surely uplifted the mood of the audience. The concert was both an aural as well as a visual treat with the stage antics of the DJ duo being complimented by well designed graphics along with lyrics and catch phrases of the songs.
After an exhausting set, Corneer said, “India has been really welcoming. Everything from the hospitality and the fans, to all the people we’ve met. Happiness, that’s what Dada Life is about. To come to a new country and have the crowd sing along to your songs is an amazing feeling.” Will they come back for another tour? “We would love to do that. We can tell you that straight away. We would love to do a proper Dada Land Compound event. Let’s make it happen,” he added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched