Observing that recent abuses of the fair sex also stemmed from very deep ‘underlayered insecurity’, many women achievers of the city feel it is the dormant anger among a section.
“It may be partly due to joblessness among some as lots of companies prefer women. Women used to be marginalised. But it is no longer so with lots of companies now going for women. And with the hangover of the Victorian mindset in the past 200 years of British rule, still prevalent,” eminent theatre personality Ramanjit Kaur says.
Ramanjit, flanked by Mrs India International Richa Sharma, noted Image Consultant Saira Shah Halim and numerologist and TV presenter Nilanjana Chakraborty were speaking on the sidelines of a discussion by INFID ‘Women in Fashion and Design’.
Complimenting the other women for coming forward in situations, well-known model Pinky Kenworthy said, “Women are more aware of what is happening around them. Other women are also coming for help to a woman in distress these days. Women have to stand by this wayy. So many years of non-protest. We need to speak out. We need to come together.”
About how accessories and women’s wear define femininity, Richa said, “I am comfortable. Comfortable as being me. Looking good is important for personality build-up.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pinky, having been part of Sabyasachi Mukherjee show besides others, said, “Each one of us should consider style as our heart, mind and emotion,” Saira said. INFID director Susan mantho, a practising lawyer, dwelt on quirkiness in styles and how to carry oneself comfortably with elan.