Organise your refrigerator to ensure that you know what’s in your fridge, what’s in date and what you need to get rid of.
Vicky Silverthorn, declutterer to the stars and creator of life organisation company YouNeedAVicky, shares a series of practical tips to help you better organise your fridge, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
1. Keep the items you use most at the front of the fridge: Having a streamlined fridge can make a positive difference to someone on a busy day, given the number of times we go in there – for that morning cup of tea, when making breakfast, lunch and dinner and everything in between. Having the items you use most to hand as soon as you open the fridge door can make a lot of difference.
2. Make the food items more visible: With such busy lives how could we be expected to remember every single item we own or have bought. The easier the contents of your fridge are to see, the less likely you are to be saddled with out-of-date products.
3. Keep what you want to eat most in front: If you’re trying to eat more healthily, then make sure your fresh fruit and vegetables are the first thing you see when you open the fridge and hide the chocolate as much as possible.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
4. Store childrens’ items at the lowest possible height: It might involve creating their own area so that items they are allowed to help themselves to are within easy reach and then placing the ‘treats’ higher up or hidden away so they can’t just help themselves.
5. Make the most of flexible storage: You can often move your refrigerator shelves up and down. So, adjust to suit what you are storing to ensure you don’t have any dead space.