Next time your elderly next-door-neighbour paints a rosy picture of his family, saying he/she spends a lot of time with them, think twice before believing the story. He/she might be lying.
Old Delhi Films’ latest video shows a man in his 60’s-70’s talking over phone, telling his friend about how much his grandson, daughter-in-law and son cares for him, while they carry on with their daily routine without noticing his existence.
What you see is a web of lies though.
Towards the end of the video, his grandson asks him – Aap kis se baat kar rahe ho, ye phone to kharab hai (Who are you talking to, the phone is not working)
The video has a message to the society and an important one at that – “We are busy in our lives, we have priorities. But in this hasty life we forget that our parents are getting old too. 40% of our elders feel lonely, isolated and ignored”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We get so busy in non-important things and we ignore the fact our parents/grandparents who nurtured us are getting old too… and no amount of money or things can satisfy this. All they need is someone to talk to….someone to share things with.. even if it is 10 mins in a day.” shares one of the makers of the video with Indian Express.
Watch this video and share your thoughts:
E-mail author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow @parmitauniyal on Twitter