To say that we all enjoyed Chacha Chaudhary comics when we were young would be an understatement. The adventures of Chacha and Sabu had us laughing for hours on end, and we hope that the creator, Pran Kumar Sharma, rests in peace, because he’s given us some of the best moments of our childhood.
Here is Express LOL’s special tribute to Pran, the genius who introduced humour into Indian comics:
Thank you Pran…for introducing us to the scale of speed that goes: Calculator – Human Brain – Computer – Usain Bolt – Chacha Chaudhary’s brain.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Thank you Pran…for teaching us that, even if a man is a genius, white haired, wears a turban, has a pet dog and a pet alien, he still has to bow to his wife’s authority at home. Some things never change.
Thank you Pran…for proving, in every comic strip, that brain trumps brawn, and showing us that bullies always lose in the long run.
Thank you Pran…for making an old man the hero of Chacha Chaudhary; the only other 60+ year old man who has ensnared leading roles with Chacha’s regularity is Rajinikanth.
Thank you Pran…for making a generation of children think that aliens from Jupiter were cool, and giving a generation of bodybuilders inspiration from Sabu rather than Schwarzenegger.
Thank you Pran…for teaching us that superheroes didn’t have to be foreign and omnipotent like Superman, or foreign and tortured like Batman – they could be Indian, frail and relatable.
Thank you Pran…for making sure we whiled away time on rainy days reading your awesome comics instead of watching random people beat each other up on TV.