To say that we all enjoyed Chacha Chaudhary comics when we were young would be an understatement. The adventures of Chacha and Sabu had us laughing for hours on end, and we hope that the creator, Pran Kumar Sharma, rests in peace, because he’s given us some of the best moments of our childhood.
Here is Express LOL’s special tribute to Pran, the genius who introduced humour into Indian comics:
Thank you Pran…for introducing us to the scale of speed that goes: Calculator – Human Brain – Computer – Usain Bolt – Chacha Chaudhary’s brain.
Thank you Pran…for teaching us that, even if a man is a genius, white haired, wears a turban, has a pet dog and a pet alien, he still has to bow to his wife’s authority at home. Some things never change.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Thank you Pran…for proving, in every comic strip, that brain trumps brawn, and showing us that bullies always lose in the long run.
Thank you Pran…for making an old man the hero of Chacha Chaudhary; the only other 60+ year old man who has ensnared leading roles with Chacha’s regularity is Rajinikanth.
Thank you Pran…for making a generation of children think that aliens from Jupiter were cool, and giving a generation of bodybuilders inspiration from Sabu rather than Schwarzenegger.
Thank you Pran…for teaching us that superheroes didn’t have to be foreign and omnipotent like Superman, or foreign and tortured like Batman – they could be Indian, frail and relatable.
Thank you Pran…for making sure we whiled away time on rainy days reading your awesome comics instead of watching random people beat each other up on TV.