Mrs Sharma couldn’t believe her eyes when she returned from a 10-day official tour. The floor was dust-free and her husband was watching TV with a smile on his face instead of the regular frown. Her maid has just quit, but things had not really gone off the cliff as she anticipated. And, interestingly enough, she had a robot to thank for saving her day.
No, you are not reading the start of a science fiction story. In fact, this is just the story of an urban family that is a bit more tech savvy than a lot of the others. Yes, we are slowly, but surely, coming to a situation where robots can replace humans, at least as far as cleaning is concerned. We are talking about the new breed of cleaning robots. Here are six ways in which they can make life easy for you.
1. You just need to switch on the robotic cleaner and relax: All you have to do is to switch it on, and it will reach even the remotest of corners of your room. For example, LG recently launched a robotic cleaning technology called HomBot Square 3.0. It has a corner detection system that enables close proximity to the wall while avoiding any collisions. So you can relax, do some other work or simply marvel at the way your robot is moving.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
2. Can your maid clean in the dark? The LG product has one cool feature, that even your maid can’t perform – clean in the dark. LG’s HomBot has smart cleaning dual eye 2.0that performs a smart and precise clean even in the dark. With its new generation II-SLAM camera technology (Illumination Invariant based Simultaneous Localization and Mapping), the HOM-BOT Square automatically calculates the intensity of light and scans the ceiling, taking pictures of the room and minimizing wandering. While the Upper Camera takes 30 images per second, scanning ceiling surfaces, it continuously compares these images to generate simultaneous localisation and mapping information. The lower camera is an optical flow sensor which reads the floor for measuring distances and recognizing and obstacles and slight changes to the flooring.
3. Make the robot clean again and again: Maids will never listen if we ask them to clean an area twice. We wish our kitchens to be cleaner, but we just sulk internally. Not any more. The HOM-BOT Square efficiently cleans the inner space you have selected, twice repeatedly, with Zigzag mode. Simply map out your preferred route by directing appliance via remote control, which will then be remembered for next time. Wow!
4. What if you spilled something and it needs intense cleaning: Then you can switch on Spiral mode in HOM-BOT. With this mode the robot moves in a wide spiral for spot cleaning. Useful for spills or central areas incurring more cleaning, it efficiently circles out to 1.5 metre.
5. You can manage the robot cleaners from home: You can’t do this with maids. You are putting your security to risk if you do that. Milagrow has robots that enable you to manage them from anywhere, anytime via any cell phone or tablet device. The Milagrow robots automatically sense that a certain place requires more cleaning.
6. You can literally carve out a schedule for your robot cleaners: Milagrow robots have many in-built infra-red sensors that constantly send out signals to detect any drop in height (more than cms) in their path. This helps them avoid falling off stairs, tables, beds etc. They can also be pre-scheduled to clear at a special time every day or week.
The HomBot Square 3.0 comes at a price range of Rs 54990