Do you often suffer a headache while making love or after the act — don’t worry for you are not alone.
According to new research, very few people report this but the actual number of people experiencing severe headaches while having sex may be quite high.
And men are three times more likely to have a headache during sex than women.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“Many people who experience headaches during sexual activity are too embarrassed to tell their physicians, and doctors often do not ask,” said Jose Biller from Loyola University in Chicago, who has treated several patients for headaches associated with sexual activity (HAS).
There are mainly three types of headaches a person can experience while having sex.
A dull ache in the head and neck that begins before orgasm and gets worse as sexual arousal increases.
An intensely painful headache that begins during orgasm and can last for hours.
“And a third type of headache that occurs after sex and can range from mild to extremely painful. The headache gets worse when the person stands and reduces when the person lies back down,” Biller explained.
Most headaches that occur during sexual activities are benign although there are some headaches that can be caused due to serious health issues.
“Headaches during sexual activities can be scary and painful. It is also the cause of much frustration for both the sufferer and the partner,” he noted.
“Patients should undergo a thorough neurological evaluation to rule out secondary causes, which can be life-threatening,” Biller advised.