Do you often suffer a headache while making love or after the act — don’t worry for you are not alone.
According to new research, very few people report this but the actual number of people experiencing severe headaches while having sex may be quite high.
And men are three times more likely to have a headache during sex than women.
“Many people who experience headaches during sexual activity are too embarrassed to tell their physicians, and doctors often do not ask,” said Jose Biller from Loyola University in Chicago, who has treated several patients for headaches associated with sexual activity (HAS).
There are mainly three types of headaches a person can experience while having sex.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
A dull ache in the head and neck that begins before orgasm and gets worse as sexual arousal increases.
An intensely painful headache that begins during orgasm and can last for hours.
“And a third type of headache that occurs after sex and can range from mild to extremely painful. The headache gets worse when the person stands and reduces when the person lies back down,” Biller explained.
Most headaches that occur during sexual activities are benign although there are some headaches that can be caused due to serious health issues.
“Headaches during sexual activities can be scary and painful. It is also the cause of much frustration for both the sufferer and the partner,” he noted.
“Patients should undergo a thorough neurological evaluation to rule out secondary causes, which can be life-threatening,” Biller advised.