He might seem like a regular 17-year-old Indian-American living in California, but on the internet, he’s known as Lavish—the arrogant rich brat who spurs scathing insults at celebrities like Rihanna and Kim Kardashian on social media. This teenager has a penchant for everything Louis Vuitton and goes by the Instagram handle @ItsLavishBitch.
Though his identity is yet to be confirmed, the 17-year-old refers to the less fortunate as ‘peasants’ and flaunts dollars on Instagram, where he has nearly a quarter of a million followers. He has attained internet fame by taking pics of himself doing everything from throwing away thousands of dollars, by tying cash to balloons to hosting cash giveaways.
@ItsLavishBitch has close to 30,000 on Twitter but the comments he garners are mainly negative. The indulgent teen has also posted photos of himself taking private jets, lying on piles of money and purchasing nine iPhones at once. Lavish appears to tie $4000 in cash to a group of balloons and release it into the air in one of his pictures while in other he can be seen posing with six different Apple iPhones. Other posts include snaps of a Bentley sports car, gold watches and his luxury apartment.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In addition to his Instagram account he also has an active Facebook account, a Twitter handle and a website where he posts pictures of cash, credit cards and receipts for designer accessories. The pictures are usually captioned with taunts like this one announcing a cash give away: “Lavish is giving away 60K all in cash. That’s more than yo life’s earnings. So begin begging peasants.”
Apart from flaunting his apparent wealth the teenage tycoon has also posted a video of himself rapping on Instagram, which his followers have pointed out to be distasteful.
Despite being pompous, Lavish also seems to have a generous side. He has run competitions online claiming to be giving away amounts as large as $60,000 (£49,000) to his followers. However his antics have not only caused anger among internet users but many have questioned his legitimacy.
But beyond the question of vanity lies an additional question of motive. Is he just another teenager obsessed with money and brands? Does he seek to project an image of riches beyond the reach of most people, or is he mocking a culture obsessed with high-end consumerism?
I feel offended when people call me “rich” please that’s just an understatement.
— Lavish P. (@itslavishbitch) June 22, 2013