He might seem like a regular 17-year-old Indian-American living in California, but on the internet, he’s known as Lavish—the arrogant rich brat who spurs scathing insults at celebrities like Rihanna and Kim Kardashian on social media. This teenager has a penchant for everything Louis Vuitton and goes by the Instagram handle @ItsLavishBitch.
Though his identity is yet to be confirmed, the 17-year-old refers to the less fortunate as ‘peasants’ and flaunts dollars on Instagram, where he has nearly a quarter of a million followers. He has attained internet fame by taking pics of himself doing everything from throwing away thousands of dollars, by tying cash to balloons to hosting cash giveaways.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
@ItsLavishBitch has close to 30,000 on Twitter but the comments he garners are mainly negative. The indulgent teen has also posted photos of himself taking private jets, lying on piles of money and purchasing nine iPhones at once. Lavish appears to tie $4000 in cash to a group of balloons and release it into the air in one of his pictures while in other he can be seen posing with six different Apple iPhones. Other posts include snaps of a Bentley sports car, gold watches and his luxury apartment.
In addition to his Instagram account he also has an active Facebook account, a Twitter handle and a website where he posts pictures of cash, credit cards and receipts for designer accessories. The pictures are usually captioned with taunts like this one announcing a cash give away: “Lavish is giving away 60K all in cash. That’s more than yo life’s earnings. So begin begging peasants.”
Apart from flaunting his apparent wealth the teenage tycoon has also posted a video of himself rapping on Instagram, which his followers have pointed out to be distasteful.
Despite being pompous, Lavish also seems to have a generous side. He has run competitions online claiming to be giving away amounts as large as $60,000 (£49,000) to his followers. However his antics have not only caused anger among internet users but many have questioned his legitimacy.
But beyond the question of vanity lies an additional question of motive. Is he just another teenager obsessed with money and brands? Does he seek to project an image of riches beyond the reach of most people, or is he mocking a culture obsessed with high-end consumerism?
I feel offended when people call me “rich” please that’s just an understatement.
— Lavish P. (@itslavishbitch) June 22, 2013