It’s a common assumption that most of the time women hide what they buy from their partners because of their habit of shopping almost everyday, but new research reveals it’s actually men who are the biggest secret spenders.
In a survey by vouchercloud.com, it has emerged that just 22 per cent of women have admitted to hiding shopping from their partner, including lying about how much they spent on particular items, but that percentage was double for men, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Avoiding arguments was cited as the main reason why women keep their spending a secret, followed by not wanting to cause unnecessary worry and then feeling guilty about their purchase. Downplaying the price of purchases was the most popular answer for keeping their partner in the dark about their spending habits, followed by pretending new items were old.
Whilst male respondents in the survey would rather hide the purchase altogether and destroy receipts.
Matthew Wood of vouchercloud.com, said: “Obviously there are going to be some things that we keep from our partners in terms of spending. The odd little treat, an extra item whilst out shopping or lunchtime indulgence, is something that we don’t really have to tell anyone.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The important thing is to make sure that this doesn’t get out of hand or that, when it does, we confess up sooner rather than later.”