Happy New Year 2016: 24 inspirational quotes and greetings to start the year on a happy note

Start the year off on a high — get inspired, find out what the stars have in store, and spread the cheer with these wonderful greetings. Happy New Year 2016!

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: January 7, 2016 1:26 pm
happy new year, happy new year 2016, new year wishes, happy new year greetings, happy 2016, new year eve, happy new year wishes, inspiring quotes, inspiring messages, inspiring sms, new year messages, new year sms, new year greetings Happy New Year 2016: Wishes and thoughts to inspire you all through the year. (Source: Thinkstock Images)

A new year is all about starting afresh and realising your dreams. So, let’s raise a toast to a Happy New Year and even happier beginnings. Take inspiration from these quotes to help you get started and if you are inspired enough, share your enthusiasm with your loved ones.

* “A good beginning makes a good end” – English Proverb

* “Drink from the well of yourself and begin again” — Charles Bukowski, author

* “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change” — Taylor Swift, singer

* “The beginning is the most important part of the work” – Plato, philosopher

(Also read: 14 inspirational quotes from fiction to pep you up)

* “Something is going to come out of this. Something new. This can end you up in a whole new place—a better place, a much more open place” -Pema Chodron, author

* “And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been” — Rainer Maria Rilke, poet

year

* “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language, And next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.” — TS Eliot (Little Gidding), author

(Also read: Your horoscope for 2016, by Peter Vidal)

* “You raze the old to raise the new” — Justina Chen (North of Beautiful), author

* “You will never win if you never begin” — RH Schuller, motivational speaker

Read how Delhi has a historic movement starting January 1

* “Whatever you do or dream you can do — begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it”. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, writer and statesman

* “Morning will come, it has no choice” — Marty Rubin, aphorist/philosopher

* “Celebrate endings – for they precede new beginnings” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie, author

(Also read: New Year-day Special: Easy-to-make hangover breakfasts)

year (Source: Thinkstock Images)

We also have a few inspirational greetings, wishes that you can send to your friends and family.

— Wishing you a great, prosperous, blissful, healthy, bright, delightful, energetic and extremely Happy New Year 2016.

— New Year is not about changing the dates but direction; it’s not about changing the calendar but commitment; it’s not about changing the actions but attitude. May each and every day of yours is renewed with lots of happiness and love.

— May the bad times you faced in the year 2015 be your stepping stones to success and may you be blessed with many happy moments in 2016. Happy New Year.

(Also read: Want to stick to your New Year’s resolution? Keep it a secret)

— Best wishes to my beloved friend for a wonderful year ahead. Though we’re miles apart, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

— Here comes a brand new year for you to enjoy and accept the realities of life. Fill them with whatever your heart desires without any regrets this year. Stay blessed.

—  Leave behind the demons of the past and look forward to a brand new start in 2016.

photo

— Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right.

— Before the calendar turns a new leaf over, before the social networking sites get flooded with messages, before the mobile networks get congested, let me take a quiet moment out to wish you a wonderful, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

(Also read: 10 best budget destinations for 2016)

— May your beautiful smile be the reason for others’ happiness this year. Spread your joy and happiness around. Happy New Year.

— Thank you for being my support all these years and I wish to have you by my side in the coming year as well. Happy New Year friend.

— May this new year brings all the crazy colors and fun in your life. I wish all the negativity and difficulties also end with this year and 2015 bring success and desired results for you.

— New is the year, new are the hopes, new is the resolution, new are the spirits, and new are my warm wishes just for you. Have a promising and fulfilling New Year.

For all the latest Lifestyle News, download Indian Express App

1. H
    habibulla
    Jan 1, 2017 at 3:22 am
    boooo!!!
    1. L
      Labib G.
      Dec 26, 2016 at 9:32 am
      May your best moments of 2016 be your worst moments for 2017.
        Mickinzie
        Jan 1, 2016 at 7:12 am
        What is y'alls New Years resolution mine is to make 6 DIY phone cases
          Ajit Das
          Jan 1, 2016 at 3:00 am
          CROSSING INTO NEW YEAR Once again the train of time slowing down halts at the last destination of the Old Year. Another engine waits in the yard to take it to an unknown station. No checking, no restrictions at the border; only rejoicing in the air; a smooth crossing into the New Year - all bags of possessions intact. Is it a new departure or a simple transition into time refreshed, resuming its journey on an elongated track seemingly endless? The New Year once appearing so distant is now suddenly here with its plethora of promises. Hope lingers, asking: will they be fulfilled?
            andrew
            Oct 16, 2016 at 5:07 am
            nice post man thanks for this.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;new year quoteslt;br/gt;happy new year quotes
              Ashok Loni
              Jan 1, 2016 at 3:15 am
              HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016 Every end is just a new beginning. Let us keep our spirits and determinations unshaken and shall always walk with the glory road with courage, faith and efforts shall conquer everything we desire. May the new year bring the warmth of love, a light to guide our path towards positive destinations. A very happy healthy, and delightful New Year 2016
              1. B
                Bakul Bhatt
                Jan 1, 2016 at 4:31 am
                Eternal Happy New Year. Think of the world free of human bondage, equal opportunities for men and women , free of violence, devoid of the differences. Respect for each other, true love, where only truth prevails with a strong feeling of Vasudhaiv Kutumbkam(The w world is one family).-Bakul Bhatt-Pune-Ahmedabad.
                1. E
                  Erianna Endurance
                  Jan 30, 2016 at 6:44 pm
                  I was really missing my wife when she left me for someone else. I was weak to take care of some situations and i let her slip my arms. I had to talk to my partner at the office who recently got her husband back. She told me to get in touch with John Patience who helped her get her husband back with a love spell. I was very sure of this because John has helped my partner get her husband back. So i called John Patience and told him i lost my lover and wanted her back. He encouraged me and told me to be happy. He did his thing and told me my wife will be back in 45 hours. I waited for that time and my wife called me and told me that she has forgiven me and ready to take me back in her life. Since then, my wife and i have been enjoying our marriage with our lovely 4 kids. I am very grateful to John for what he has done for me. I'd advice you to ask him for help if you have any problem on your relationship and some other aspects of life.His email is :)