The children of Gaza — Jon Snow
On his return from Gaza last week, Jon Snow — the face of Channel 4 News — recorded a three-and-a-half-minute video titled “The children of Gaza”. The video, which has created much controversy, features haunting images of young children seriously injured in the ongoing conflict between Hamas and Israel. It is an appeal straight to the hearts of the viewers. “I can’t get those images out of my head,” Snow says, talking of wounded children he saw at the Shifa Hospital. “They are the essence of what is happening in Gaza,” he says. He also reminded viewers that while 1,310 children in Gaza have been wounded and 166 are dead, those figures continue to rise daily. The video sparked a huge reaction online, with supporters applauding its frankness and critics slamming it saying that an anchor of such stature should remain unbiased. Posted on YouTube one week ago, the video has been watched 680,000 times.
Crazy German water park
For the water park and theme park enthusiasts out there, we may have found just the place to blow your mind. The place is a “crazy German water park” called Tropical Islands Resort, about 45 minutes outside of Berlin. Built in a dome-shaped airship hangar, the indoor park has slides, beaches, palm trees and a real rainforest inside, and, according to the video, you can walk around unsupervised after hours. Casey Neistat, an American producer and director, uploaded the video of him and his son Owen spending 24 hours inside the park. Since July 16, it has been viewed nearly 9.7 million times.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Cocoa farmers have chocolate for first time
You would think chocolate is universal. Something that everyone can enjoy. It’s not. It turns out that in Ivory Coast — the small West African country that produces more than one third of the world’s cocoa — chocolate is too rare and expensive. The farmers in the clip say they just focus on getting the dried beans to their distributor, and haven’t the foggiest what happens from there. So when a reporter brings chocolate bars to the farmers to taste for the first time, they seem a bit flummoxed that this is the end product of their beans. Naturally, though, they are delighted — “It’s so sweet!”. One says, “This must be why white people are so healthy.” The video was uploaded a few months ago, but went viral last week with over 2 million views.