Waking up early not only allows more time for productivity and leisure, it also makes one’s days less stressful. Go to sleep when you are tired, create the right night routine and environment so that it makes it easier to wake up on time every morning.
Huffingtonpost.com shares how to become a morning person:
Get more sleep: Just like we need to make time for working out, we need to schedule seven to nine hours of sleep into our day because it is one of the most essential parts of our health. What we get from a good night’s rest, cannot be supplemented elsewhere.
No screens in the bedroom: Make it a point to turn off the television at a certain time. Similarly, don’t use your laptop or tablet in bed. Restrict your contact with screens at least an hour before bed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Go to sleep when you are tired: When we have had an especially exhausting day, we tend to ignore our brains when they are telling us we are drained and tired hours before we normally are. Don’t ignore what your body is telling you. Just like waiting too long to go to bed after taking a sleeping pill, powering through your tiredness instead of going right to bed can have adverse effects.
Create the right night-time routine and environment: Be it print books or tea with chamomile or lavender, make sure to choose something that will be a calming experience and one you can repeat every night. Over time, your body will get used to this ritual and know when it is time to shut down and go to sleep. The environment you go to sleep in is also important. If it is clean and uncluttered, it will be easier for your mind to be as well. Again, your room should be a tranquil space used almost solely for relaxing and sleeping.
Always have something to look forward to: Schedule your week so that you have something to look forward to, even if that something is calling a friend to catch up, or trying out a new place for lunch.