You don’t have a desk job, yet you have pain in the back. You haven’t rested for the whole day, yet you aren’t able to sleep at night. What do you think could be wrong with you? Well, you might be under severe stress.
Psychologist Hanna Feld feels our body is smarter than what we think and often speaks in terms of symptoms to convey if it’s under stress.
Here’re the symptoms of stress according to Feld:
1) Pain in the back or neck: While you might be dismissing it as a posture problem, the persisten pain could have its roots in stress.
2) Problem in bowel or stomach: Stomach ailments including constipation might be literally in your mind.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
3) Difficulty taking off mind from a particular problem: Getting overwhelmed by a problem at hand and not being able to find a solution indicates that your mind needs a respite, a break.
4) Making mistakes and lack of concentration: As you are not able to concentrate on work at hand, you tend to make mistakes, which further increases your stress. It’s a vicious cycle.
5) Difficulties with sleep: If you are unable to fall asleep or get up two-three hours after falling asleep, you are definitely under stress.
…and what makes you more susceptible to stress than others
1) Psychological crisis: A person who has faced more failures than achievements in life might be more susceptible to stress as he begins to doubt himself/herself.
2) Roots in childhood: The first seven years of one’s life are very crucial. If one has encountered traumatic condition during these years, one is susceptible to stres.
…so what’s the soultion
1) Chat: You can always talk it out with your near ones. You might discover what’s bothering you during the conversation.
2) Healthy diet: In a healthy body resides a healthy mind. Do we need say more?
3) Enough sleep: To ensure your body is well-rested, you need to take 7-9 hours of sleep according to your body requirement.
4) Muscle relaxation: Strained muscles mean you are under stress. Tell your body to take it easy by instructing your muscles to relax. (Watch the video below to master the technique)