Let’s admit it. We thoroughly enjoyed the chemical defect that Blue Frog has been in our lives. It made the heart go slushy with its gorgeous sound and great ambience, becoming the one-stop shop for the music-starved.
The club in Mehrauli was tailor-made for dance revellers and merciful to the wall toads. This was even before any alcohol entered the blood stream. And just when we were enjoying ourselves too much, it shut down. But after being dead for over five months, Blue Frog came alive last week.
The club, located at The Kila, reopened on Friday with barely refurbished interiors, some cutting-edge bass music from Engine-ears and DJ Asa, tighter acoustics and hugely-slashed prices. The sophisticated menu and black-jacketed mixologists are still in place. The bar is longer and wider with one pod seating removed. It extends almost till the entrance. The courtyard at the back, which doubled as a smoking space, has been shut, and so has the restaurant next to it. But the terrace is more accessible with a staircase that reaches an al fresco dining area, with stunning views of the Qutub Minar. As for the music, the club has added two heavy sub-woofers for a better sound.
The alcohol and food prices have gone down. Mahesh Mathai, the club’s co-owner says, “When we came in from Mumbai, we compared our prices with places there. I think we took a year to understand how things in Delhi function. I can now say that I know Delhi. We have reduced the prices and the plan is to reach out to more people.”
The next two months have been planned with some high profile EDM acts such as Sesto Sento, Alix Perez and Kyau & Albert. It seems perfectly possible to have an unpretentious night out at Blue Frog, and this time, it won’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016