Let’s admit it. We thoroughly enjoyed the chemical defect that Blue Frog has been in our lives. It made the heart go slushy with its gorgeous sound and great ambience, becoming the one-stop shop for the music-starved.
The club in Mehrauli was tailor-made for dance revellers and merciful to the wall toads. This was even before any alcohol entered the blood stream. And just when we were enjoying ourselves too much, it shut down. But after being dead for over five months, Blue Frog came alive last week.
The club, located at The Kila, reopened on Friday with barely refurbished interiors, some cutting-edge bass music from Engine-ears and DJ Asa, tighter acoustics and hugely-slashed prices. The sophisticated menu and black-jacketed mixologists are still in place. The bar is longer and wider with one pod seating removed. It extends almost till the entrance. The courtyard at the back, which doubled as a smoking space, has been shut, and so has the restaurant next to it. But the terrace is more accessible with a staircase that reaches an al fresco dining area, with stunning views of the Qutub Minar. As for the music, the club has added two heavy sub-woofers for a better sound.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The alcohol and food prices have gone down. Mahesh Mathai, the club’s co-owner says, “When we came in from Mumbai, we compared our prices with places there. I think we took a year to understand how things in Delhi function. I can now say that I know Delhi. We have reduced the prices and the plan is to reach out to more people.”
The next two months have been planned with some high profile EDM acts such as Sesto Sento, Alix Perez and Kyau & Albert. It seems perfectly possible to have an unpretentious night out at Blue Frog, and this time, it won’t burn a hole in your pocket.