Do not let that depression mount over your head if you have had a casual fling recently. Casual hookups are actually good for your overall well-being, researchers say.
“If you want to have casual sex, you definitely should. If you do not want to have casual sex, you should not,” said researchers from New York University and Cornell University.
The effects of casual sex depend on the extent to which this behaviour is congruent with one’s general personality tendencies, they explained.
For the study, they chose a group of students who kept a weekly diary over the course of 12 weeks documenting casual sex and its effect on their overall well-being.
The team found that socio-sexually unrestricted students reported higher well-being after having casual sex compared to not having sex.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The research appeared in the journal Social Psychology and Personality Science.