Do you wind up your exercise session soon after you get a bit tired thinking that you have had enough?
You may not be alone as researchers have found that many people tend to overrate how hard they work out or underestimate what moderate intensity exercise means.
“The findings suggest that majority of people underestimate the intensity of physical activity that is required to achieve health benefits,” said Jennifer Kuk, professor at York University in Canada.
The 129 sedentary adults, aged between 18-64, who were recruited for the study, correctly estimated physical activities of light effort but underestimated moderate and vigorous effort, even after being given commonly used exercise intensity descriptors.
“For adults to achieve a moderate intensity workout, their heart rates should be within the range of 64-76 percent of their maximum heart rate and between 77-83 percent for vigorous intensity workout,” according to the Canadian and global physical activity guidelines.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The study appeared in the journal PLOS ONE.