5 ways: How to shape up your belly

By: Indo-Asian News Service | New Delhi | Updated: October 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Spring season is just the time to show off your curves. If you have some tires on your belly, get rid of them by making a few changes in your diet and lifestyle, says an expert.

1. HIGH INTENSITY WORKOUT
Try high intensity cardio workout for losing weight.

“Exercises such as fast run for a shorter duration, sprints, jump squats and push-ups are helpful high intensity exercises,” celebrity fitness expert and nutritionist Neeraj Mehta told IANS.

workout Try high intensity cardio workout for losing weight.

2. WEIGHT TRAINING

He also shared that strength or weight training can also help.

“To shape up your abdomen faster you should focus on leg and abdomen workout. Squats and deadlifts are some of the most effective exercises. Along with these, you should also do crunches,” he said.

home-gym

3. AVOID JUNK FOOD, EAT FIBRE
If you want to cut belly fat, then your diet is going to play a major role to achieve that target.

“When we talk about diet, first thing that comes to our mind is skipping the meals or starvation. But that’s not the answer. Avoid junk food as they have very high sodium content and are high on calories. You should avoid carbonated drinks,” said Mehta.
Include seasonal green vegetables and fruits in your diet instead.

“A high fiber diet is a good option to lose belly fat. Fibers makes you feel fuller thus, you will eat less calories,” he said.

burger-main

4. EAR SUPERFOODS
Another recommendation to speed up the weight loss is to add superfoods in your diet.

“Superfoods are known for their high nutritional value and medical benefits. They can also help you in reducing belly fat faster. Whole grains such as oats are high in fiber. Salmon is also good as it is a rich source of protein with no significant fat.

“Fruits such as blueberries can give you anti-ageing effects. Other superfoods such as broccoli, grapefruit, and orange can be added as essential varieties in your daily diet,” he said.

Eating

5. DRINK LOTS OF WATER
And stay hydrated.

water-main

“Water releases the toxins from the body and improves your metabolic rate. You should drink plenty of water. Don’t worry about going to washroom again and again. Your body would adopt the water level in a week or so,” he said.

For all the latest Lifestyle News, download Indian Express App

Dustin
    Mar 14, 2015 at 10:33 pm
    I really like point number 1 and 2. A lot of people want to change their bodies, but they just aren't willing to put in the work! If you want to lose weight, you should get on a good strength program. I'd recommend that you check out this review:
    (0)(0)
    1. Luck Lucky
      Mar 13, 2015 at 4:51 pm
      Attractive component to content. I simply stumbled upon your blog Putting off some weight can really be annoying especially when you are trying so hard.Following these simple easy ways can really help you lose weight fast.
      (0)(0)
      1. N
        nikhc
        Mar 14, 2015 at 3:01 pm
        these r very general tips won't work for 98% ,ur body tells u when to drink water don't over do it .
        (0)(0)
        1. Diane Normis
          Mar 15, 2015 at 7:43 pm
          Hay I’m Normis……..Find-out the proper way of exercise is the precondition of wight lose or make your body in perfect shape as you want. I was 115kg. I was suffering a lot for my extra weight, I tried a lots of method to burn my extra fat but I failed. At last one of my friend suggest me to try “ this guide to loss my weight. I was completely helpless and really don’t know what should I do, to respect my friend I used the guide and seriously it worked and it just take one and a half month. Now I’m53kg. Leally it worked very fast.
          (0)(0)
            pranav
            Apr 6, 2015 at 5:43 pm
            Great Tips... I too struggled allot to reduce my belly, but form past 5 mouths my plans are working very well for me under guidance of online doctor at evaidya. I do follow this diet tips for better weight management, thank you for sharing..
            (0)(0)