World Diabetes Day: Four ways how Homeopathy gets into root to cure Diabetes

By Dr. Eswara Das Diabetes is a long term disease. Homeopaths resorts to different approaches towards Diabetes. When the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it. There are Homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. Another approach is to understand the patient’s profile through a patho- physiological profiling and resort […]

Published: November 14, 2014 2:19 pm
diabetes-main Diabetes

By Dr. Eswara Das

Diabetes is a long term disease. Homeopaths resorts to different approaches towards Diabetes. When the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it. There are Homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. Another approach is to understand the patient’s profile through a patho- physiological profiling and resort to treatment of his illness. There is yet another approach to understand the patient in depth through a detailed case taking, crate a profile at his physical, mental, social and spiritual level (holistic approach) and then select a constitutional remedy. Each of these approach has its own scope and limitations. The physician has to take a decision as to what approach is needed on a patient depending on his general health, progress of disease, complications, the organs affected etc. Here’s discussing the four approaches:

1) Management of Blood sugar
The commonly used remedies are Uranium Nitricum, Phosphoric Acid, Syzygium Jambolanum, Cephalandra Indica etc. These are classical Homeopathic remedies. These are used in physiologically active doses such as Mother tincture, 3x etc. depending up on the level of the blood sugar and the requirement of the patient.

Several pharmaceutical companies have also brought in propriety medicines with a combination of the few Homeopathic medicines. Biochemic remedies which is a part of Homeopathy advocates Biocombination No 7 as a specific for Diabetes. Another Biochemic medicine Natrum Phos 3x is widely used with a reasonable success in controlling the blood sugar. Scientific studies on the impact of homeopathic medicines in bringing down blood sugar are limited, but many of the above remedies have some positive effects either as a stand-alone remedy or as an adjunct along with other medications.

2) Holistic as well as Individualistic approach in medicine through Homeopathy

This is a unique concept in Homeopathy. Even though it may sound strange, Homeopathy does not treat pathological effect of the disease per se. A Homoeopath treats the patient taking into consideration the mental, emotional and physical peculiarities of the person who is afflicted with pathological state. He considers diseases are a mere deviation in life force and make efforts to correct this aberration. Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force and the physicians’ duty is to support the individual to maintain a harmony in health (promotive health), restore the sick to health through a rational medication (curative health) and prevent diseases whereever needed (preventive health). There is a defined philosophical approach in each of the above areas and therefore Homeopathy in true sense is called Holistic system of medicine. It is also known as experienced medicine because all the medicines that are used on the patients are subjected to Human trial and assured of its safety even in infants. The medicines are being used for over two centuries and not even one instance of adverse drug reaction has ever been reported.

3) Constitutional treatment
Hahnemann who published his work on Chronic diseases and its cure advises to give more importance to the patients past and family history to understand the genesis of illness and to prescribe constitutional medication. In the modern terminology this could be said as the genetic preponderance or modification due to the patient’s life style or circumstances or due to suppression of illness in the past. The Homeopaths, therefore take long hours to understand the patient’s history to understand the constitution, temperament, history of suppression etc to arrive on a constitutional medication. This approach is unique to Homeopathy and a little time consuming. It also require extreme skill, perseverance, knowledge and experience. Constitutional remedies acts deeper into the system and correct the inherent disorder of the individual. Thus the constitutional remedy not only cures the disease, but improves individual’s health in general. If patients with Diabetes take his constitutional remedy, it will not only help to control his sugar metabolic process, but also the tissue to absorb and assimilate the sugar and try to make other organs function perfectly.

4) Promotive approach to Diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by lifestyle modifications. Some of the easy tips are:

Eat small meals every 2-3 hours regularly instead of consuming large meals. Prefer to steam your vegetables rather than fry them. Reduce the consumption of sugar, alcohol and fatty foods in your diet

Eat fiber rich foods like whole grains, pulses and reduce your intake of oil. Avoid fried foods.

The Lifestyle modifications that can be followed by everyone are regular exercise for at least half an hour. Prefer to climb stairs rather than using elevators or escalators unless there is any heart ailments. Avoid sitting in same position for longer duration at your workplaces. Take short breaks. Practice yoga at home in case it is not possible to go outdoors and indulge in household chores in order to keep yourself active and fit.

Even a patient who is suffering from Type II Diabetes can follow life style medications and resort to regular medications under strict supervision of a qualified Homeopath, will escape the serious complications of Diabetes and keep his disease under control.

Dr. Eswara Das is Former Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkatta

For all the latest Lifestyle News, download Indian Express App

1. Victoria Soian
    Jan 12, 2018 at 6:48 am
    Am here to appreciate Dr odiagbe for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. since 3 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Odiagbe curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Odiagbe on his email: (Drodiagbeherhalhome1 ) , i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email (Drodiagbeherhalhome1 ) or WhatsApp him on 2348103553159
    (0)(0)
    1. glory allen
      Sep 20, 2017 at 1:27 am
      Hello everybody, I don't just know the reason why some people is finding it difficult to believe that there is a cure for herpes, I have been suffering from herpes since last three years with my boyfriend but today I am happy that am cure from it with the herbal medicine of Dr Aba the great healer,I was browsing the internet searching for help when I came across a testimony shared by someone on how Dr Aba cure his herpes I was so much in need of getting his treatment but after all Dr Aba brought a smile to my face with his herbal medicine. I am so much happy today that we have someone like this great healer out there, so my people out there kindly contact this great healer on his email address: dr.abaherbalhome please sir keep your good work cause there are people out there who is in need of your healing medicine.once more contact him now: dr.abaherbalhome you can call him or whatsApp his number 2348107155060
      (0)(0)
      1. glory allen
        Sep 17, 2017 at 2:57 pm
        I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) for the past two years and had constant pain especially in my lip. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr Aba and she also gave the email address: dr.abaherbalhome of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. Aba telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my
        (0)(0)
        1. Celina Jolly
          Sep 8, 2017 at 6:55 am
          I was cured of HIV with the used of natural herbs. My name is celina jolly and am from US. I love herbs so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time. I was cured 8months ago, i suffered from HIV for 13yrs but with the help of Dr.Ogun herbal medicine, i was cured within few weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same doctor also cured my Aunty from herpes, as soon as i heard she had herpes, i quickly refer her to Dr. Ogun and she was cured too after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 15 persons to Dr.Ogun and they were all cured from their various illness. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. Contact Dr.Ogun now, he is a herbalist doctor, i assured you of a cure if you drink his natural herbs. Dr.Ogun have herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepa is, HBP, STD, cancer, chronic, etc. Contact Dr ogun
          (0)(0)
          1. crystal grham
            Sep 1, 2017 at 10:22 pm
            God bless Dr.astogo for his marvelous work in my life, I was suffering for Diabetes since 2012 and I was taking my medications and i wasn't satisfied i needed to get the Diabetes out of my body, I searched about some possible cure for Diabetes and i saw a comment about Dr. astogo, how he cured a woman with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later it was cleared, Dr. astogo truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through drastogoherbalhome call or what-apps him through 2348060259313. .he also specialize on the following things Hepatic B Cancer growth Thanks for the cure sir, you indeed save my life...I am really grateful sir,
            (0)(0)