Most of us are in a constant struggle to lose that extra flab around our belly. Hours of exercise go into sculpting the perfect hourglass shape and a flat stomach; but how many of us are successful? Interestingly, according to many nutritionists, the answer to all this struggle lies in our very own kitchen — everyday ingredients when consumed regularly can help cut down those extra tires, resulting in a mid-riff you’d be proud of. Here are 10 of the ingredients that will help melt the fat immediately.
Tomatoes: It doesn’t matter if you pronounce it to-may-to or to-mah-to, as long as you have them in your diet. Tomatoes have a compound called 9-oxo-octadecadienoic, or 9-oxo-ODA, which helps in the circulation of lipids in the blood resulting in reduction of abdominal fat. Tomato helps control dyslipidemia, a condition that is responsible for fat accumulation in the abdomen.
Apple cider vinegar: A great ingredient to add some zing to your food, apple cider vinegar also attacks that extra flab in your belly. Drinking it before meals can help in weight loss. Apples are a great source of pectin, which makes you feel full and satisfied, thus, cutting down extra eating.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Mint: Mint has a twofold impact — it cuts down the fat by removing extra bile from your gall bladder. This is important because bile helps your body in processing and storing fat. Mint is also a good source of antioxidants that help improve your body’s metabolic rate, thus, help you lose fat.
Aloe vera juice: Aloe vera juice is known to be very effective in reducing abdominal fat. It’s also a laxative, which additionally helps in weight loss. Opt for the fibrous version of the juice.
Lemon juice: Lemons are an integral part of Indian cuisine, which makes it readily available in most kitchens. This secret ingredient works wonders in cutting through the layers of stubborn belly fat. Begin your day with a glass of water mixed with lemon juice (about half a lemon would do, or three-fourths) and half a teaspoon of honey.
Watermelon: It has 91 per cent water — that should be self-explanatory. Eating a couple of pieces of watermelon before your meal helps in filling up your stomach, without adding a substantial amount of calories. It also helps combat water retention.
Cucumber: Love your salads? You’ll love them even more now. Cucumber, like watermelon, has a high water content and 100g of cucumber just adds about 45 calories to your body. They’re also incredibly refreshing, making them a great snack as well. See that paunch disappearing within weeks while munching on fresh cucumbers.
Ginger tea: Simply adding ginger to your cup of tea can make a world of a difference to your belly fat. Ginger increases the overall body temperature, which helps burn fat more effectively.
Garlic: Garlic is a thermogenic food, just like ginger, which makes it an excellent ingredient to incorporate in your diet if you’re trying to lose weight, and especially tackle that stubborn belly fat. According to studies, garlic hinders the accumulation of fat in the body.
Beans: Did you know those boring green beans can do wonders to help reduce body fat? Not only that, they help build muscle and since they’re a rich source of fibre, they also improve the digestion process. Like apples, green beans also have a high level of pectin that help you feel full for a longer time. Doesn’t sound so boring now, does it?