French men believe sex is the surest route to happiness but for French women the key to felicity is food, according to a poll published on Wednesday.
Chocolate, cheese and foie gras, a festive French delicacy made from the livers of force-fed ducks, top the league table of happiness-procuring victuals, the Harris Interactive poll found.
While the French rate sex and food equally as catalysts of well-being, giving both a score of 7.1 on a scale of 0 to 10, men rate sex at 7.5 while women gave it a less convincing 6.7.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
For foodies of either gender, chocolate took top place in the pursuit of happiness, followed by cheese, foie gras, shellfish, strawberries, steak and bread.
Women more often cited chocolate or strawberries and men more often plumped for meatier options like foie gras and steak.
Asked to choose between cutting back on sex or cutting back on food, female poll respondents were more willing to do without the former than men, according to Harris Interactive, which surveyed 1,000 adults on March 18-20.
“One last thing we should highlight is that for 72 percent of French people it’s worse to have a partner who’s bad in bed than bad in the kitchen,” the polling agency said.