Pomegranate has many health benefits, and it can do wonders for one’s skin too.
From playing the role of powerful antioxidant to a product of anti-ageing, the fruit can help in many ways, suggests Wren Holmes, brand manager of natural ayurvedic skincare Urban Veda, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Here’s how you can use the fruit for skin nourishment:
Powerful antioxidant: Skin nutrition is vital at tackling one of the biggest causes of aging: free radical damage, and pomegranates are rightly known as superfoods for their antioxidant content.
Cellular regeneration: Not only is pomegranate anti-inflammatory and high in essential fatty acids, it has also been shown to stimulate Keratinocyte skin cells which help with cellular regeneration, making it a fantastic anti-aging ingredient.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Anti-ageing: The outer layer of the skin, the dermis, is made up of collagen and elastic fibres. Wrinkles arise in the dermis as collagen and elastin degrade and Vitamin C is an integral part of collagen formation enabling proteins to become stronger. Just one pomegranate possesses 48 percent of the daily value of Vitamin C.
Organic pomegranate juice: Organic pomegranate juice is highly beneficial for skin. Its small molecular structure helps to penetrate more deeply into the skin to deliver hydration rich in micronutrients and phytochemicals.
The crushed seeds of pomegranate are also perfect for exfoliation.