Pomegranate has many health benefits, and it can do wonders for one’s skin too.
From playing the role of powerful antioxidant to a product of anti-ageing, the fruit can help in many ways, suggests Wren Holmes, brand manager of natural ayurvedic skincare Urban Veda, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Here’s how you can use the fruit for skin nourishment:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Powerful antioxidant: Skin nutrition is vital at tackling one of the biggest causes of aging: free radical damage, and pomegranates are rightly known as superfoods for their antioxidant content.
Cellular regeneration: Not only is pomegranate anti-inflammatory and high in essential fatty acids, it has also been shown to stimulate Keratinocyte skin cells which help with cellular regeneration, making it a fantastic anti-aging ingredient.
Anti-ageing: The outer layer of the skin, the dermis, is made up of collagen and elastic fibres. Wrinkles arise in the dermis as collagen and elastin degrade and Vitamin C is an integral part of collagen formation enabling proteins to become stronger. Just one pomegranate possesses 48 percent of the daily value of Vitamin C.
Organic pomegranate juice: Organic pomegranate juice is highly beneficial for skin. Its small molecular structure helps to penetrate more deeply into the skin to deliver hydration rich in micronutrients and phytochemicals.
The crushed seeds of pomegranate are also perfect for exfoliation.