Breast cancer is known to be the most common form of cancer in women worldwide. According to the Centre for Diseases Control and Prevention, breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths among women, after lung cancer. October 1-31 marks the Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A variety of events and activities including walks, marathons and pink illumination of landmark buildings are known to be
A variety of events and activities including walks, marathons and pink illumination of landmark buildings are known to be organised around the world. This October, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai — world’s tallest tower will reportedly shine in pink, in order to raise awareness and funds to fight breast cancer.
Reportedly, Emaar properties — Dubai’s real estate development company – has stated that visitors to the landmark building are invited to wear pink and show their support to the cause. The lights were to be turned on, on October 13 and for the next two days. They will remain on on the same days in the coming weeks of the month.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
In addition, one Emirati dirham (0.27 USD) of all the sales in October 2016, in the tower’s shops, October sales in the shops of the tower, which has become a tourist attraction since opening in 2010, will go towards the Al-Jalila Foundation.
Previously, the White House, the Tokyo Tower, Palácio do Planalto — the official workplace of Brazilian President have turned pink to show support for breast cancer awareness.