Squeeze lemon and apply on your skin or mix it with natural ingredients like honey, yoghurt and chickpea to get rid of acne that often leaves unsightly scars on face.
Dr Aakriti Mehra, consultant dermatologist, Enhance Clinics, shares some tips:
Lemon juice application: Take lemon juice in a small bowl, soak a cotton ball in it and squeeze out the excess juice from it. Apply the lemon juice to the acne-affected area. Leave it on the skin for 10 minutes or till the lemon juice dries out completely. Rinse the area with water, and then pat dry with a clean towel. Repeat this remedy twice every day.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Lemon juice and honey: Take lemon juice and honey in a bowl and mix well. Apply this mixture to the acne-affected area with your finger tips and leave it for five minutes. Wash the area with water and pat dry with a clean towel. Follow this remedy once a day.
Lemon and egg white mask: Take an egg and separate the white portion of it. Add two tablespoons of lemon juice to it and whisk well. Divide the mixture into three parts. Apply the first layer of the mixture to the skin and leave for five to seven minutes and then apply the second layer. After five to seven minutes, apply the third layer to the acne. After five to seven minutes, clean the area with warm water, and then pat the skin dry. Follow this remedy regularly.
Lemon and chickpea: Take the chickpea powder in a small bowl and squeeze the lemon juice on it. Mix the ingredients well to make a smooth paste. Apply it on the acne-affected skin and leave for a few minutes. Rinse the area with lukewarm water and wipe the skin with a clean towel. You can apply your regular moisturizer to your skin if you feel that it has become very dry. Use this remedy once on a daily basis.
Lemon and yoghurt: Take lemon juice and yoghurt in a bowl and mix well to make a paste. Apply this paste on the acne-affected area with your fingertips. Leave it on the skin for a few minutes, and then wash the area with water. Repeat this process regularly.