It takes as little as 150 minutes of exercise every week to improve blood glucose tolerance, reduce body fat and the risk to all possible lifestyle diseases that come with obesity, says a celebrity fitness trainer and nutritionist.
In her third book, “Don’t Lose Out, Work Out”, Rujuta Diwekar tries to tackle every myth and fad related to exercise, demystifies exercise for everyone and presents it as not an activity but a science which has the potential to combat all lifestyle disorders including diabetes and obesity.
According to the Mumbai-based nutritionist, whose clientele includes the likes of Anil Ambani, Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma and Anupam Kher, the best exercise is the one that gets done on a regular basis.
“If you are a lover of the breaststroke in an Olympic-size pool, then that’s the best exercise for you. If you love the treadmill, then it’s the treadmill for you. If squatting under a bar double your body weight does it for you, then it’s weight training for you, and if your head won’t function without the sirsasana or sarvangasana cycle, then it’s yoga for you,” she says.
Diwekar also suggests that it is best to keep daily exercise to an hour, including warm-up, workout sets and cool down, and perhaps even the drive back home if one lives close by the gym.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“This will improve exercise compliance and lead to reduction in guilt and body fat, again brought about by the exercise compliance.”