Travelling to international destinations for a holiday is the flavour this summer amongst Indians, according to a new trend report.
Global travel search site Skyscanner Tuesday released a series of travel trends, which show that Indians are keen to escape from the scorching heat and are turning to overseas travel this summer season.
While international destinations have seen a whopping 101 percent growth in volume searches, findings for domestic destinations have seen a rise of 60 percent over January to April 2014 compared to the same period last year, said a statement.
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
“Indians have become more experimental when it comes to travel this summer season. In the spirit of exploration, they are looking for longer, more expensive trips and are searching for newer destinations,” said Kavitha Gnanamurthy, senior marketing manager, Skyscanner India.
Morocco, Bhutan, Greenland, Thailand and UAE are Indians’ most popular summer holiday destinations this year. Also, Croatia’s glamour and old-fashioned authenticity makes it one of the most popular European countries amongst Indians.
Skyscanner’s data suggests that Indian travellers are becoming increasingly adventurous with their travel choices.
Bhutan, a popular but remote backpacking route located at the eastern end of the Himalayas, has witnessed a staggering 244 percent increase in overall searches. Another destination that has gained traction amongst destination searches is Morocco, witnessing a 261 percent increase in searches compared to last year over the same period.
Known for its Roman architecture, serene coastal landscape and mountains, Croatia emerged to be one of the most searched European countries with a year on year growth of 152 percent.
Far Northern European countries including Greenland and Iceland emerged as exotic summer getaway options with a 210 percent year on year growth.
Within India, travellers are looking at exploring destinations such as Srinagar, Goa, Kochi and Port Blair.
Skyscanner’s trend conclusions are based on consumer search data for flights on the company’s website in between January and April 2013 and the same period in 2014.