Travelling to international destinations for a holiday is the flavour this summer amongst Indians, according to a new trend report.
Global travel search site Skyscanner Tuesday released a series of travel trends, which show that Indians are keen to escape from the scorching heat and are turning to overseas travel this summer season.
While international destinations have seen a whopping 101 percent growth in volume searches, findings for domestic destinations have seen a rise of 60 percent over January to April 2014 compared to the same period last year, said a statement.
“Indians have become more experimental when it comes to travel this summer season. In the spirit of exploration, they are looking for longer, more expensive trips and are searching for newer destinations,” said Kavitha Gnanamurthy, senior marketing manager, Skyscanner India.
Morocco, Bhutan, Greenland, Thailand and UAE are Indians’ most popular summer holiday destinations this year. Also, Croatia’s glamour and old-fashioned authenticity makes it one of the most popular European countries amongst Indians.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Skyscanner’s data suggests that Indian travellers are becoming increasingly adventurous with their travel choices.
Bhutan, a popular but remote backpacking route located at the eastern end of the Himalayas, has witnessed a staggering 244 percent increase in overall searches. Another destination that has gained traction amongst destination searches is Morocco, witnessing a 261 percent increase in searches compared to last year over the same period.
Known for its Roman architecture, serene coastal landscape and mountains, Croatia emerged to be one of the most searched European countries with a year on year growth of 152 percent.
Far Northern European countries including Greenland and Iceland emerged as exotic summer getaway options with a 210 percent year on year growth.
Within India, travellers are looking at exploring destinations such as Srinagar, Goa, Kochi and Port Blair.
Skyscanner’s trend conclusions are based on consumer search data for flights on the company’s website in between January and April 2013 and the same period in 2014.