Strawberries are making their way in the summer menus, so get ready to eat them dipped in chocolate, smothered in cream, dropped in champagne or simply eaten fresh. What’s more – they can add to your beauty and health too!
Neil Nugent, executive chef of product development at Morrisons, a chain of supermarkets in Britain, provides his top five ways to make the most of your strawberries this summer, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
1. Try dipping in a good balsamic vinegar. It’s a perfect appetiser.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
2. Serve whole with shaved parmesan cheese, a kind of Italian extra-hard cheeses. The salty cheese goes perfectly with the strawberries to create a sweet fragrant flavour.
3. Try on a skewer-rub with a little olive oil, then barbeque quickly over hot coals and then serve with freshly ground black pepper
4. Strawberries are perfect for smoothies with a little yoghurt, banana and orange juice.
5. Crush strawberries using a fork with a little sugar and freshly chopped mint. This is delicious served with vanilla ice cream