Strawberries are making their way in the summer menus, so get ready to eat them dipped in chocolate, smothered in cream, dropped in champagne or simply eaten fresh. What’s more – they can add to your beauty and health too!
Neil Nugent, executive chef of product development at Morrisons, a chain of supermarkets in Britain, provides his top five ways to make the most of your strawberries this summer, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
1. Try dipping in a good balsamic vinegar. It’s a perfect appetiser.
2. Serve whole with shaved parmesan cheese, a kind of Italian extra-hard cheeses. The salty cheese goes perfectly with the strawberries to create a sweet fragrant flavour.
3. Try on a skewer-rub with a little olive oil, then barbeque quickly over hot coals and then serve with freshly ground black pepper
4. Strawberries are perfect for smoothies with a little yoghurt, banana and orange juice.
5. Crush strawberries using a fork with a little sugar and freshly chopped mint. This is delicious served with vanilla ice cream