Cooking may not be a rocket science, unless of course you are trying to do a Chef Heston Blumenthal, but your modern kitchen is definitely incomplete without some gadgets. While rice cookers and mixer-grinders are still the mainstay, the Indian kitchen has started making space for several foreign imports too. Here is a list of 10.
Food Thermometer: If you are a fan of international food shows, you know a kitchen thermometer is a must for your grilled chicken or steaks to taste perfect. Certain dishes taste best only on reaching a particular temperature and only a food thermometer can tell you that. For most accurate reading, test the thickest part of the meat, away from bones.
Price range: Rs 250 to Rs 5,000
Pasta Machine: If you love pasta but the packaged ones don’t suit your taste, you can think of getting a pasta machine for your kitchen. The machine gives you pastas of different shapes and sizes, and you can bring that authentic fresh taste to your dish. Using this machine, you can also think of giving new shapes and feel to Indian snacks like namakpara and sev.
Price range: Rs 1,600 to Rs 26,000
Bread Maker: Did you ever try to bake breads at home? If you have not been satisfied, this new product from Kenwood and Severin stables, among others, is for you. Just assemble the right ingredients, put them in the machine and wait for the timer to go off. You have healthy breads ready for your meal.
Price range: Above Rs 8,000
Blow Torch: For that lip-smacking caramel crust on your crème brûlée and the browning on your meringue, all you need is a blow torch. It can also melt cheese and help unmould your frozen pudding.
Price range: Rs 1,000 to Rs 4,000
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Barbecue Grills: Catching up fast with Indian households, barbecue grills are readily available across the country. While kitchen appliance shops and online stores have plenty of imported options available in various price ranges, you can find several home-grown models on sale even on roadsides in NCR.
Price range: Rs 900 to Rs 8,000
Deep Fryer: If you have a taste for those fried beauties like crispy French fries or crunchy pakoras, a deep fryer is a must have. Available in different models and price ranges, the slick gadget for your modern kitchen is easy to use and easier to clean. Also, you can now say goodbye to oil splatters or stains on your kitchen countertop. Some models also come with fondue options.
Price range: Rs 1,500 to Rs 12,500
Fondue Maker: Warming up your friendly gatherings on winter evenings is easier now with fondue makers. The appliance can be suitably used to make the fondue of your choice — chocolate, cheese, broth or oil.
Price range: Rs 3,500 to Rs 10,000
Waffle Maker: Who doesn’t like a scoop of ice-cream topped with caramel sauce on a hot waffle. Mouthwatering idea for a summer treat, isn’t it? The good news is you can make waffles at home now and pamper yourself. Not too expensive, a waffle maker will also help you add variety to your menu while serving guests.
Price range: Rs 1,000 to Rs 12,000
Ice-Cream Maker: Not really new to India, ice-cream makers have now shed the “luxury” tag. With people continuously looking for new flavours and varieties, ice-cream makers definitely have more takers now. Easy to use and less time-consuming — no more freezing, de-freezing and re-freezing — the machine makes it possible for you to give that perfect texture to your ice-creams. Just add ingredients to the ice-cream maker and turn it on. Your comfort food is ready in 30 minutes flat. Some models in the market can also churn out delicious sorbets and smoothies.
Price range: Rs 2,000 to Rs 22,000
Milk Frother: A cappuccino without a dense, velvety froth on the surface is no cappuccino for many. And if you want that perfect cappuccino at home, all you need is a milk frother. You can use this for any frothy drink — both cold and hot. Besides whipping up latte, hot chocolate and shakes, you can also foam milk to garnish soups, desserts or other dishes using the instrument. Available in both battery-operated and electric models.
Price range: Rs 900 to Rs 13,000