Given the current sensitized milieu in the Capital following a North-Eastern man’s alleged murder, the most recent in a spate of hate crimes against people from the region, a restaurant chain’s advertising campaign left most with a bad taste in the mouth.
Mamagoto, a contemporary Asian dining chain with outlets in Delhi-NCR and Mumbai, which recently launched an “Asian-themed” sandwich range, perhaps unfortunately, called MamaBuns drew a lot of flak on social media sites for the menu’s promotional advertising.
Flyers with the illustration of an Asian lady holding a pair of provocatively-placed burgers as well as innuendo-laced taglines such as “Take an Asian home” were tagged and tweeted as being “racist”, “sexist” and “extremely offensive” by users across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms.
However, the restaurant management was quick to respond to the criticism, apologizing profusely for any offence caused and promising to immediately withdraw the campaign.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
A Facebook post by the restaurant read “We are extremely sorry if we offended anyone as we did not mean to hurt anybody’s sentiments. This was a bad judgment call and we take full responsibility. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, we are completely removing this piece of communication. We do hope you do not let this lapse in judgement hinder your perspective of our brand. Once again we are extremely apologetic. Team Mamagoto FunAsian.”