Winter is here and to battle some chilly blues, we’re always looking for some hot drinks and soups. After all, what better way to spend your foggy evening wrapped in a blanket and enjoying some hot chocolate or flavourful soup?
We also completely understand that spending too much time in an elaborate meal might not be always feasible, so here is a simple yummy soup that will leave you craving for more. Winter is the season for bountiful fresh vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamins and always help us to keep flu and other diseases at bay.
Keeping taste and health in mind, here is a recipe for Pumpkin and Giner soup by Chef Ganesh Joshi, Executive Chef, Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund.
1 kg – Pumpkin
2 – Shallots
75g – Ginger
A few sprigs of fresh herbs – Chives, Mint
Extra virgin olive oil – As required/To taste
1L – Organic vegetable stock
125 ml – Coconut milk, plus extra to serve
½ tbsp – Chilli powder
1 – Lime
* De-seed and roughly chop the pumpkin.
* Peel and chop the shallots, then peel and finely grate the ginger.
* Pick and finely chop the herbs.
* Place the pumpkin, shallots, ginger and some oil in a large saucepan and sauté until soft.
* Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk and chilli powder. Season, then bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
* Blitz in a food processor then serve with the fresh herbs, lime juice and a splash of coconut milk.
For all the latest Lifestyle News, download Indian Express App now