Eating food in the right way is essential if not the most important thing. Well, we love eating noodles but are scared of chopsticks, and enjoy it with fork instead. We don’t even eat our traditional meal with hands anymore and opted for spoons instead! But we never thought Pizza from Italy had any other way to be consumed apart from slicing it into pieces, right? Wrong, we have been eating our favourite cheesy meal the wrong way.
Yes, you read it right. The three common practices that we love to do while tantalizing our taste buds to the Italian delicacy is sadly incorrect. Food experts say the three golden rules to have a Pizza the right way are – never cut it into slices, never have it hard and don’t hold it by the crust.
Well, according to a Pizza purist from the town in Italy where it originated, the food is strictly softbase, meaning soft crust and never should be stiff straight. Italian pizza expert Enzo Coccia from Naples say the delicacy is a street food and is supposed to be “strictly softcore”.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
According to Coccia, folding the soft Pizza into a ‘wallet’ (portafoglio) is the right way to enjoy it. “Because Neapolitan pizza was eaten on the street, folded twice upon itself like a wallet,” he explains, reports the Manchester Evening News. By using the wallet technique, Coccia claims there are minimal chance of losing the precious toppings.
In a Youtube video where Coccia explains the method of eating it the right way, he says, “Rather than eat pasta al dente and pizza soft, in the Neapolitan way, foreigners learned to do the opposite.”
He says that if one tries to lift a traditional Neapolitan pizza by its crust, the toppings will all slide off into a big muddle of cheese on the plate, leaving just sauce-glazed dough and a shattered heart!
So, to have it the right way, omit the pizza-slicing bit, and fold the entire pizza once, then a second time, hold it in a napkin, and take a big bite into all the four folds.
Well, our sturdy pizzas available in India and other parts of the world may not be worthy of the ‘wallet’ style, but when in Italy brace yourself to gobble it the right way!