Fasting during the Navratris should always end with a delicious health meal that not only adheres to the ingredients allowed, according to fasting rituals, but also tantalises your taste buds. The very limited ingredients permitted, however, has been a blessing in disguise, as chefs around the country surprise us with amazing delicacies.
If you’re wondering how to variate the Navratri menu, then why not try this amazing Falahaari Paneer at home to impress guests and family.
Curated by Chef Amit Dash, Executive Chef at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon, this easy and quick recipe cooked in just 20 mins is perfect for this festive season.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
250g – Paneer (cottage cheese)
150g – Tomato puree
1 – 1-inch cinnamon stick
2-3 – Green cardamom
2 tsp – Cumin seed
3 tsp – Pepper corns
1 tsp – Ginger paste
1 tbsp – Ginger juliennes
3 – Green chillies
1 tbsp – Desi ghee (clarified butter)
Sendha namak (Rock salt) – To taste
* Cut the paneer into 1-inch cubes.
* Cut each tomato into eight parts and deseed. Slit the green chilies.
* Dry roast the cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, pepper corns and cardamoms.
* Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Coarsely grind the spices.
* Heat the ghee and add the ginger paste.
* Sauté the ginger paste and add the tomato puree.
* Add half the ground spices and 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
*Add the paneer cubes and allow simmering for 5-6 mins.
* Add the tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 mins.
* Add the ginger juliennes, remaining ground spices, slit green chilies.
* Season with rock salt and serve hot.
The recipe serves four.