We generally get tempted by frequently advertised food items high in ingredients such as sugar, fat and salt.
Huffingtonpost.com shares a list of addictive unhealthy food items:
1. Processed baked goods: Eating just one Oreo seems like it is just not an option. Studies show an ingredient in many baked goods – high-fructose corn syrup, can actually cause reactions similar to those made by drug abuse.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
2. Soda with caffeine: Soda’s combination of sugar or high-fructose corn syrup, with caffeine, is the perfect addictive recipe.
3. Potato chips: Potato chips are high in salt and fat. When we bite into a greasy, fatty potato chip, our nerve endings send signals, which travel up to the pleasure center of our brains. We eventually overload the pleasure center, and crash. Then, we want more, more, more.
4. French fries: The salt in those fried potato sticks is precisely what keeps us hooked, and always wanting more.
5. Ice cream: It is also full of fat, calories, sugar, and often the addictive high-fructose corn syrup.