You cannot go wrong with strawberry ice-cream. An evergreen frozen dessert which can be served on all occasions. And it’s especially a hit among kids.
200-250 gm fresh ripe strawberries
250 gm fresh cream, 6 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp gelatine, 2-3 tbsp strawberry crush
½ tsp strawberry essence
a few drops of red food colour (optional)
2 tbsp raisins (kishmish) preferably black raisins
* Wash and discard green leaves from strawberries. Grind to a puree.
* Soak gelatine in 1 tbsp water. Stir on low heat till it dissolves.
* Add gelatine to strawberry puree and mix well.
* Whip cream with powdered sugar till thick.
* Add strawberry puree to cream. Mix well.
* Add crush, essence, colour and raisins. Mix and check sugar.
* Beat till quite thick. Transfer to an ice cream box. Cover with a plastic sheet (cling wrap) and then with the lid.
* Freeze overnight or till firm.
Nita Mehta is a celebrated chef and has penned over 600 books. Her book cover a multitude of cuisines from around the world. 450 of her books have been on the best-seller list, and in the short span of a few years she has sold over 7.5 million books. Several of her books have also won International Awards. She has conducted cooking classes in USA, UK, Canada and several other countries, and appeared on many TV channels in cookery shows.