I love Diwali. There are sweets everywhere in the house. Mom even used to keep the jar full of candies easily accessible just during the Diwali times! For those five days, I almost give myself the freedom to pop a sweet every time I pass the kitchen.
Today is bhaidooj. As I was getting my gift ready,I thought of what sweet will I take with me. It’s the fifth day of non-stop festive food, so I am planning on a little change. And it’s a healthy change too. My eggless, sugarfree banana muffins.
Eggless Sugarless Banana Muffins
Preparation time: 10 mins | Baking time: 20 mins | Serves: 6 (makes 12 regular size)
2 tbsps unsalted butter
4 tbsps oozingly buldgingly honey
½ tsp vanilla essence
3 very ripe bananas
1 cup all-purpose flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon powder
A pinch of salt
* Pre-heat oven to 190ºC
* Melt the butter in the microwave. Add honey and vanilla essence. Mix well and keep aside.
* In a mixing bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
* Mash the bananas and mix with the butter mixture.
* Add the banana-butter mixture to the flour mix and mix it all together with a fork. Do not over-mix; just enough to bring everything together well. The final mixture will not be as flowing as a cake batter; but more thick and lumpy.
* Put paper cups in muffin moulds and fill them about 2/3rd with the mixture.
* Put in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
* Remove on a wire rack and let them cool.