These irresistible banana and chocolate cupcakes take hardly any time to make and also hardly any time to get over. My household loves bananas so there is seldom any that is left to ripe. But I also love banana in baking, which requires as ripe a banana as possible! Sometimes I bargain with the fruit vendor and buy his ripened bananas at a cheaper price just to make banana-bread. This time when my sister came home, she carried bananas for the 6 hour train journey which by the next day had become fairly ripe to be eaten and they all were surprised at my happiness to see over-ripe bananas until I took out these delectable banana and chocolate cupcakes out of the oven.
Banana and Chocolate cupcakes
Preparation Time: 10 mins| Baking Time: 20 mins| Makes 18
3 very ripe bananas
½ cup melted butter
½ cup castor sugar [I use slightly lower sugar in this recipe because the bananas are naturally very sweet and milk chocolate is also on the sweeter side]
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp milk
½ cup chocolate chips
* Pre-heat oven to 220C
* Peal and mash the bananas with a fork
* In a mixing bowl, whisk together molten butter, sugar and vanilla essence.
* Add the mashed bananas and mix well with a fork.
* Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add them to the banana mix. Add milk and beat them together with a fork or spoon.
* Add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix it all well and finally add the chocolate chips.
I love the fact that this cupcake recipe requires no electric beater or anything. Just a simple whisk with a fork is enough to get it all together.
* Fill the cupcake moulds with the mixture (upto 2/3rd ) and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
* Remove and let it cool for a little while or till the time your family is willing to wait
Food is never just food. I believe it’s story telling, it’s conversation. It brings people together and it speaks a universal language! I love to play around in my kitchen. The thrill of being able to create something new and sharing it with others is what fuels my passion for cooking. The fact that dear husband is a foodie and an honest critique helps! I blog about my adventures in the kitchen at http://www.myweekendkitchen.in/
For all the latest Lifestyle News, download Indian Express App now