February will see Amdavadis have a new place to dock their palates, with an underwater restaurant making its way into the city’s culinary landscape. Or should someone say, waterscape?
Opening on February 1, in the South Bopal area, the unique restaurant has already garnered 150-odd bookings for the opening day through radio, online and print promotions.
Called The Real Poseidon, the dining area has been created 20ft below ground level and is run by Ahmedabad-based businessman Bharat Bhatt, who owns an engineering unit and is also into construction. “I had been part of building a restaurant back in 2004-05 and had been toying with this idea to float a restaurant with a novel concept since several years. Once we decided on this concept and we were sure it could be done, we started work on it,” says Bhatt.
Plush with 150,000 litres of water that is revitalised with a filtration tank on the 3,000 sq. ft property, the restaurant features around 4,000 fish and marine species sourced from local markets in Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Vadodara. For those concerned about the available dishes at the restaurant (read: eating seafood while being surrounded by fish), then worry not. The multicuisine, 32-seater restaurant does offer Punjabi, Thai, Chinese and Mexican fare, but it’s all vegetarian.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While the concept and design took several months to finalise, Bhatt spent a whopping Rs 2 crore on the construction, which took two years.
“Guests need only take the stairs down to a tunnel-based dining hall of 1,200 sq ft, where they can dine while enjoying the view. While there could be aquarium-based restaurants in Surat, we feel this is the first underwater restaurant in the city,” says Bhatt who runs the The Real Poseidon with his wife Varsha.
The duo is also planning a live orchestra/band for their diners’ entertainment in the near future.