Indian celebrations are no longer just about ladoos and kaju katris. Traditional home-made desserts are the most desirable items we look forward to as well. But nowadays, we’re experimenting with flavours and world cuisines to give our table a bit of a global touch. Plus, who doesn’t like chocolate?! (The percentage answering in the affirmative to this will be very less.)
Which is why we got the guys at Monkey Bar Kolkata to give us this sinful chocolatey recipe that’s bound to make you weak in the knees.
Chocolate Pot De Crème
For Pot De Crème
2 cups – Cream
½ cup – Milk
5 tbsp – Sugar
4 – Egg yolks
1 tsp – Salt
1 1/2 cups – Dark chocolate, chopped
Olive oil – To drizzle
* In a pot add cream, milk, sugar, egg yolk and salt and place it over the fire. On low heat cook the mixture slowly until it reaches a temperature of 80 degrees Celsius (just when the mixture starts to simmer).
* In a separate bowl chop chocolate finely and keep aside. When the above mixture starts to simmer, pour it over the chocolate and gently mix it.
* Once the mixture is homogeneous, strain it through a fine sieve. Then pour the strained mixture into desired moulds and allow it to set in the fridge overnight.
For the Caramel Popcorn
1/2 cup – Butter popcorn
1 1/2 cup – Sugar
1 cup – Butter
* In a thick-bottomed pan add sugar and place it over the fire.
* Gently mix it until its amber in color. Once it reaches this colour take off the flame, add in the butter and mix well until the butter is well emulsified.
* Pour the caramel onto the popcorns and mix it well until each popcorn is well coated with the caramel.
* Take the pot du crème glasses out from the fridge and top it up with the caramel popcorn and drizzle some olive oil and serve chilled.
For all the latest Lifestyle News, download Indian Express App nowFirst Published on: October 27, 2016 11:21 am