The path to inebriation in Delhi is often potholed with expense, loud music and a host of other deterrents. And then there’s Harry’s. Newly opened in Saket’s Select City Walk, Harry’s is the first Delhi outpost of the Singapore-based sports bar chain.
This one had us from the entrance. As laidback as a lounge chair, the bar is panelled in wood and stone bricks with red couches to sink into and bar stools to perch on. Given that it’s a sports bar, three walls have TV screens dedicated to sports channels. The music is pure comfort rock, both soft and hard, with everything from Coldplay to Tom Petty. The poster menus are done in pop colours and comprise typical bar food accented with Singapore street food, a medley of Malay, Chinese, Thai and Indian dishes. So you have burgers jostling for space with Indonesian stay, paratha rolls, Thai curries and sizzlers. The drinks menu is as eye-catching, a host of spirits, shots, a large selection of beers and wines and cocktails priced so reasonably one can’t but help look around to check if you’re still in Select City Walk. For instance, their signature cocktails are priced between Rs 179 and 329 while the wines are Rs 279 a glass. The food is as economical with dishes not exceeding Rs 400.
We decide to go local and order the signature — Singapore Sling (gin, cherry brandy, pineapple and lime) and the Dirty Harry (mint vodka with demerara and lychee). Both the drinks are balanced like trapeze artists, boozy but sweet without becoming cloying. To fortify our tissues (and so that we remember our way out) we order the Crispy Potato Chilli (straw potatoes with devil chilli, green onion and dark soy), Harry’s Keema Chilli Con Carne Nachos and the Maple Pork Spare Ribs. The nachos come piled high with corn chips, refried beans, chopped tomatoes and jalapenos, salsa, sour cream, cheese sauce and of course the chilli, pretty much a meal in itself. But its the ribs that are truly decadent, layered with enough fat to keep a botox clinic running indefinitely and bursting with maple goodness.We just found our weekend adda.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen