This seems to be a good year for India in terms of men entering in international pageants. After Rohit Khandelwal won the Mr World 2016 in July, another Indian has brought home a laurel in a prestigious international fitness competition. G Balakrishna, a Bengaluru-based water tanker driver, has won the Mr Asia title at a recently concluded 5th Phil-Asia bodybuilding championships in the Philippines.
According to The Hindu, the 25-year-old is known as the “Arnold Schwarzenegger of Whitefield”, and is no stranger to international contests. He won the Mr Universe Under-24 junior contest in 2013 and the Mr Universe title in the same category at the world championship in Athens in 2014.
“I am proud of my achievement and hope to repeat it more often with some financial support,” Balakrishna told The Hindu. In the same interview, the muscular man expounded on his preparation technique for the competition, saying that he would practise for nearly six hours daily at home and has been trained by champions Sangram Chougla from Mumbai and Munish Kumar from Punjab.
Regarding his diet, Balakrishna said that he has a rich daily diet of 750g of chicken, 25 eggs, 300g of rice, 200g of vegetables, as well as fish for extra protein, and fruits. During competitions, he needs to scale down his weight from 120kg to 90kg.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Balakrishna’s is an inspiring story, as he reportedly started the water tanker business in 2010 to supplement his income as a gym instructor. He rues the lack of funds and help from government, and struggles to participate in these international competitions.
Hopefully, this title will bring the much-needed attention to his effort.