MENTION Sector 10 and the first thing that comes to mind is the geri route and of course, Hotel Mountview. Incidentally, the sector’s tiny market is now as bustling in its back lanes as it is on the main road. It’s in the former that we stumbled upon a pleasant surprise. What could well be the entrance to a Parisian cafe — the blue awning, blue gabled door, white wall with a fence, artwork on the wall — is actually the entrance to Bohemian Chic, a new designer studio. “Yes, we often get mistaken for a cafe and have walk-ins expecting a restaurant,” says Jasmine Sandhawalia. The brain behind the studio, Sandhawalia is a farmer by profession from Kapurthala and says its was her passion for fine dressing that led her to create this space.
Speaking of which, once inside you can easily mistake it for a luxurious living room. There’s a grand couch, fine floral wallpaper on one wall accentuated by lifestyle accents from Good Earth, a plush Persian carpet, wooden flooring and even faux fireplace. As we enter, there’s light music playing in the background and the owner is brewing some tea. “I didn’t want it to be just a usual clothing store,” says Sandhawalia, who has curated a selection of garments, mostly from Mumbai. Delicately embroidered tunics, sequinned kurtas, unstitched coordinated suits are all meticulously placed in white wardrobe style racks.
Watch What Else is Making News‘
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The more formal of them — a stunning collection of embroidered suits in organza by the label designer Naila Tarar, brocade lehengas with long jackets — find place in glass cupboards. “We are looking to stock labels that stand out for their different aesthetic and are wearable and price conscious at the same time,” says Sandhawalia, who is also keen to promote the space for select events. “At Bohemian Chic, we host weekly sessions where we invite women for an inspirational talk,” said Sandhawalia, who is joined by her friend Ravinder Gill in running the unique space. The designerwear, priced Rs 2,200 upwards, is smartly styled and reflects the studio’s design mantra of understated elegance well. “We would be adding to the designer labels as we are just a month old,” said Sandhwalia.