Bollywood actor Arjun Rampal says his early days as a model in the fashion industry helped him carve his own niche in Bollywood. “Earlier in the fashion industry, there were a few designers coming out, trying to do their thing, (with) very few shows. Each one had a distinct style. All that helped me to grow and evolve into movies and now producing a film,” Rampal told reporters here.
The Rock On star said he has seen fashion industry grow tremendously over the years, something which he is absolutely proud of. “Fashion industry has given me a lot. I’ve always observed it extremely closely and I am so proud today to see how wonderfully it has grown with such wonderful talent. “It has been nearly two decades, this industry is finally out there doing fantastic work in India, internationally and everywhere contributing immensely,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Rampal, 44, was speaking at the preview show of Blenders Pride Fashion Tour, where ‘Reflections of Style’ was unveiled. Designers like Masaba, Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna, Shantanu and Nikhil, Amit Agarwal, Falguni and Shane Peacock, Manish Arora, Rajesh Pratap Singh presented a glimpse of their collection.
Rampal said he had attended the first show of the programme and was happy that it was now in its 12th year. “It is really a difficult task to bring the designers under one roof. I don’t know anybody who would’ve done that. Different designers coming together under one roof. It is not very acceptable at least when I was around at that time.
“Designers used to do their own shows, be critical of each other. What happens now is, they are united, they have a camaraderie. It’s wonderful to see that,” the actor said. After the show, the designers also attended a panel discussion, which was moderated by Rampal.