What happens when your favourite shopping haunt fails you? While I don’t see (at least in near future) that Sarojni Nagar Market or Janpath, should fail anyone looking for variety of style without pinching your pockets, it’s always handy to know where can you buy quality stuff at slashed prices.
The next time you plan a trip to Sarojni, do check out the flee markets in the courtyards of the National capital’s most swanky malls. The flee markets which until a few years back was restricted to a weekday is now a weekend-ly affair!
As the sun sets and heat lowers (at least a little bit) the courtyards of the malls are alight with little big shops offering a variety of things — from tangy delectable to top-of-the-line fashion labels. Here you can browse through plenty of shops and pluck your favourite labels or opt for lesser known labels bit no less trendy and chic.
The flee market is imbued with upcoming designers or simply beginners with fresh ideas and stylish collection. Be it your latest love for loafers or pretty ol’ ballerinas you can get your hands on them here.
There are imports from the souks of Dubai and street shops of Bangkok all robustly converged in front Delhi’s posh mall. Do not miss out on the dazzling bags and pretty clutches when looking out to accessorise your look!
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
While flee market was one, another low-budget shopping option is simply a click away! Many now-a-days have turned their loyalties from the fitting rooms to their home looking for a perfect option at home via online portals.
Leading online shopping portals are now backed by A-list brands and designers. Therefore, this certainly gives shoppers a sense of assurance of brands and their worth. Brand loyalists especially have an edge above the other shoppers who can fearlessly place an order! Bags and other accessories are especially more fun to scout as the variety is overwhelming.
Plus the benefits of saving a tedious trip to market marching from shop to shop for a perfect look is also enjoyed by some. While some shoppers get a satisfaction only after a tactile connect to their purchase.
Busy professionals shared their experience on online shopping. A senior IT professional, Tanushree Gupta, revealed that she has been shopping online since about 3 years now. “Earlier from Yebhi.com and myntra.com and now I order from Jabong, Flipkart, Amazon, Ebay, etc.” For Tanushree, online shopping experience has improved drastically overtime.
A senior PR professional, Mohina Babber, in sync with Tanushree, says online shopping has a lot of advantages. “You can simply go on a shopping spree whenever and wherever you want to. You don’t even need to take time to go out which is a boon in this sweltering heat.”
Like Mohina for Tanushree, online shopping is a saviour as she shops ‘anytime and anywhere’ and can choose from ‘thousands of products’.
Talking about their on-ground shopping vs online shopping both women seems to have grown comfortable with the latter.
And if you are looking for a silver lining, online shoppers can avail hefty discounts and benefit from schemes not available on retail outlets.
For Tanushree the huge discounts are a win-win situation. “The online firms save major cost in inventory, therefore, a major reason for offering discounts.” Mohina adds, “The offers and discounts being offered are a real good bait to get more people shop online.”
Tanushree said that since she gets products of her choice online “I occasionally shop from market.” Tanushree said that she shops for almost everything on her computer screen be it clothes, accessories, electronics (mobiles, lamps), luxury items, furniture and home décor or books! But here’s a shortcoming for her, “Sometimes I miss shopping with girlfriends!”
Mohina says she shops online at least once a month. “But in the last couple of weeks the frequency has really increased with a family wedding coming up. I did most of my jewellery shopping from online shopping sites and have not been disappointed till now (touchwood).”
Further, Mohina doesn’t shy away from recommending online shopping to a lot of people including my friends and family. In fact, my husband who was wary of buying things online has now been transformed into a confident ecommerce consumer.”
To sum up, it can be said that online shopping is a paradise for people looking for their favourite brands and good discounts and of course seamless shopping experience with indoor comforts. While flee market is a haven for people willing to experiment with their style and new labels.
PS: Even if you are an online shopper do make a trip to your favourite shopping haunt only to be in-sync with the style statement of the season.