After Priyanka Chopra, it’s 18-year-old Pankhuri Gidwani’s chance to take over the world. At the Miss Grand International, a coveted beauty contest, the model introduced herself in a stunning costume for the National Costume Competition. Designed by Melvyn Dominic Noronha, the gown spelled grandeur and was a perfect representation of Indian culture.
The winner for the National Costume Round will be chosen via social media voting and 10 national costumes with the highest number of votes will be announced as the Top 10 Best National Costume finalists. Then, the panel of judges will select a winner and the announcement will be made in the Final Show on October 25. Gidwani will compete with 79 other beauties from across the globe.
“Coming from a multicultural country of colourful traditions and festivals, we Indians strive to be a true symbol of peaceful cultural harmony and represent our international wonder of the world, the symbol of love, the Taj Mahal. My national costume is a whimsical stage of the dance presentation of the 7 classical Indian dances with the grace of the dancing national bird, the peacock,” Gidwani wrote about her costume on her Facebook page.
She goes on to describe the significance behind it.
“This stage is set in my home city, Lucknow, the land of the Nawabs. Through the Hindu Muslim fusion architecture known as the Ganga Jamuni Tehzeeb, the beauty of the Nawabi culture is represented in its famous monuments. The Bara Imambara, the tomb of King Akbar, Humayun’s tomb, the Chota Imambara and Begum Hazrat Mahal park. So riding on my royal chariot, like a gentle lotus which is the symbol of Indian femininity in purity, I am Nawabi Begum Pankhuri Gidwani from the grand and incredible India.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
What do you think of the dress? Let us know in the comments below.