After Priyanka Chopra, it’s 18-year-old Pankhuri Gidwani’s chance to take over the world. At the Miss Grand International, a coveted beauty contest, the model introduced herself in a stunning costume for the National Costume Competition. Designed by Melvyn Dominic Noronha, the gown spelled grandeur and was a perfect representation of Indian culture.
The winner for the National Costume Round will be chosen via social media voting and 10 national costumes with the highest number of votes will be announced as the Top 10 Best National Costume finalists. Then, the panel of judges will select a winner and the announcement will be made in the Final Show on October 25. Gidwani will compete with 79 other beauties from across the globe.
“Coming from a multicultural country of colourful traditions and festivals, we Indians strive to be a true symbol of peaceful cultural harmony and represent our international wonder of the world, the symbol of love, the Taj Mahal. My national costume is a whimsical stage of the dance presentation of the 7 classical Indian dances with the grace of the dancing national bird, the peacock,” Gidwani wrote about her costume on her Facebook page.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
She goes on to describe the significance behind it.
“This stage is set in my home city, Lucknow, the land of the Nawabs. Through the Hindu Muslim fusion architecture known as the Ganga Jamuni Tehzeeb, the beauty of the Nawabi culture is represented in its famous monuments. The Bara Imambara, the tomb of King Akbar, Humayun’s tomb, the Chota Imambara and Begum Hazrat Mahal park. So riding on my royal chariot, like a gentle lotus which is the symbol of Indian femininity in purity, I am Nawabi Begum Pankhuri Gidwani from the grand and incredible India.”
What do you think of the dress? Let us know in the comments below.