A foundation can make or break your look. So, while your scouting for that perfect foundation to cover those imperfections or brighten up your skin, it is essential that you choose the right one to nail the perfect look, says an expert.
Manisha Chopra, Co-Founder of SeaSoul Cosmeceuticals, has shared ways on how to choose the perfect foundation for different skin types.
Identify your skin tone: Finding the right foundation that perfectly suits your skin tone. Knowing your undertones is equally important to fix on that perfect foundation because only a foundation that matches both your skin tone and undertones is going to blend in seamlessly. Undertones come in three types: warm, neutral and cool.
Types of foundation: While you have fixed your undertone, it is time to move on to your next task, which is to get hold of the right foundation.
Here are the various varieties of foundation for different skin types:
* Mineral foundation: They are non-comedogenic (tending to cause black-heads by blocking the pores of the skin) and work best on an acne-prone and sensitive skin. Mineral foundation is long-lasting and doesn’t get cakey.
* Foundation stick: Foundation sticks are best for blemished skin. It is ideal to draw a few lines on your cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose and to blend it with a brush or sponge instead of applying the stick directly on face. There are chances that the overall finish may appear heavier, so do some research of your skin tone to get that natural look.
* Mousse foundation: This creamy-base foundation works well on normal to oily skin. Mousse foundation is light and gives a smooth and flawless finish.
* Liquid foundation: The liquid foundation comes in different variations such as matte and satin depending on the formulation. An ideal foundation for all skin types that soothes the skin and evens out your skin tone. The HD foundation air brush finish gives a flawless touch to your skin and looks like your own tone on HD camera.
* Cream foundation: Cream foundation are heavy coverage foundations which are used either for bride or for people who have problematic skin like blemishes, acne etc. This is the highly professional foundations which, if used properly will give you your own tone finish.
* Powder Dual Compact: This can be used wet and dry for a lighter coverage on your face. Wet the brush before applying on your face in case you have dry skin and people with oily skin can use it dry. If you are using liquid foundation then this could be an add-on and will give a matte finish to your skin.