If you’ve so much as glanced at any Fashion or Entertainment news source, then there is no way that you do not know that Kareena Kapoor Khan has been hailed as the absolute Queen Bee of maternity style and grace in India.
From knocking each and every appearance — be it official or off-duty — out of the park, to setting style goals in resplendent bridal wear by Sabyasachi (for the Lakme Fashion Week Winter-Festive finale). When Carol Gracias walked the ramp with a baby bump earlier, it was first and definitely one that won a lot of appreciation. Kareena and Sabyasachi took the same idea to a whole new level with the Jab We Met actor walking as the showstopper for Illuminate.
Every time, now, when Kareena walks out, expecting mothers everywhere are taking copious notes on how to get their maternity style on point. Now, add to the mix, maasi-to-be Karisma, and you have yourself the Bollywood sisters who are nailing it when it comes to style. The elder sister has been quite fashionably perfect over the past couple of months, earning her a frequent HIT spot in our Hits and Misses lists every week.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Now, the sisters have teamed up with ace fashion designer and friend Manish Malhotra for an entertainment and lifestyle magazine’s October cover — and we love it! Sporting outfits from Malhotra’s collection called A Persian Story, the Kapoor sisters looked regal and breathtaking. The stunning collection (which had Deepika Padukone and Fawad Khan as showstoppers at the fashion week) is inspired by the stunning architecture of Persia, blooming paradise of fauna and flora, and fearless royals that ruled their vast kingdoms.
With Kareena already a real-life princess, Karisma looked every bit a royal herself in the beautiful ornate dresses. This black, nigh backless floor-length is one dreams are made of. The timeless embroidery work in pastel and red shades stand out amid the rich black base.
Malhotra shared shots of the shoot on his Instagram account, and the outfits were an instant hit. There were several pictures of Kareena wearing a stunningly embroidered red and gold dress that had us drooling. Contemporary tailoring and intricacy in the ensemble saw some interesting cultural influences from the Middle East.
Another picture showed Karisma in this breathtaking hand-embroidered burnt-gold dress with floral detailing. The unusual colour of the voluminous gown is bound to be a hit with those looking for a head-turning effect at wedding functions.