Trends may come and go, but the hoop earrings have become a must have in every girls jewellery box. From patterned hoops, hoop jhumkas to charm hoops, there are different styles of hoops to play with, says an expert. Isha Pandey, Jewellery Merchandiser at BlueStone.com, has decoded some of the styling options of this trend.
– Diamond hoops: Diamonds add an element of bling to any fine jewellery, and the classic gold hoops are no exception. These elegant circlets scream opulence in an understated manner and are a must have for any special occasion, traditional or otherwise. Glam up the classic ‘little black dress’ or even a traditional chiffon saree with a pair of diamond dazzlers.
– Patterned hoops: A style that’s a confluence of the modern and ancient, patterned hoop earrings are a great option for young fashionistas looking to accessorise a ‘desi’ outfit. Choose from an expansive array of patterns that are either engraved on or crafted around the hoop to celebrate your individual style.
– Hoop jhumkas: Jhumkas are one traditional design that has transitioned exceptionally well from the old world. Hoop jhumkas, a recent update to this classic design, are the perfect blend of traditional and contemporary style and just right for an evening function. Add a statement pair to a heavy lehenga and choli combination, to dazzle in the gathering.
– Slim hoop earrings: Comfortable, classy and chic, slim hoops have always been a saviour to all. Couple your pair with trousers and a crisp white shirt, for effortless everyday style. Classy and feminine, slim hoop earrings add a much needed dash of glamour to an otherwise Plain Jane outfit.
– Charm hoops: Channel your inner hippie with fun charm hoop earrings, designed to add a touch of quirk to your personal style. Accessorise that plain palazzo and kurta set, or a maxi with a pair of charm hoops earrings and make a subtle yet stand out statement.