The real joy of lingerie comes when women dont play by any rules, says British fashion brand Marks & Spencer’s lingerie, swimwear and activewear design head Soozie Jenkinson, who feels Indian women are waking up to the global trends in the space.
When it comes to picking intimate wear, Indian women are becoming more discerning in their choices and much more demanding, she said.
“Indian women – just like women around the world – are becoming more discerning in their choices and much more demanding as well… Also, Indian women are understanding the importance of a great fitting bra,” Jenkinson told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The London-based designer, who has been associated with the brand since over 16 years, was in the country to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the brand’s first bra.
Jenkinson, who also works in collaboration with Rosie Huntington Whiteley on ‘Rosie for Autograph’ lingerie range which has become one of the brand’s most popular lingerie collections, is overwhelmed with the range of choices women have for their innerwear.
She said: “Lingerie market around the world has changed in significant amount with time… I believe the joy of lingerie is when there are no rules. Before the last ten years, there have been great rules on how women chose their lingerie and what goes underneath. I think what really is exciting now is that down to none… There is something for party, and some for the function look.”
Jenkinson added that “what is surprising is that around the world there so much to choose from”.
Talking about the brand hitting a landmark, Jenkinson said that she feels “honoured and privileged to be a part of the brand’s journey”.